Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS MONEY MORE IMPOTANT THAN PREVENTING THE NEEDLESS SUICIDES OF RCMP MEMBERS /VETERANS AND SUFFERING OF THEIR FAMILIES?

Go down

IS MONEY MORE IMPOTANT THAN PREVENTING THE NEEDLESS SUICIDES  OF RCMP MEMBERS /VETERANS AND SUFFERING OF THEIR FAMILIES? Empty IS MONEY MORE IMPOTANT THAN PREVENTING THE NEEDLESS SUICIDES OF RCMP MEMBERS /VETERANS AND SUFFERING OF THEIR FAMILIES?

Post by Guest Sat 31 Mar 2012, 11:28

Prime Minister Harper knows and has always known that PTSD kills people and brutalizes spouses and children. It does not matter if he admits it or not the above noted image applies. The Canadian Military knew the reality and the serious problem that Occupational Stress Injuries causes and dealt with it urgently. The recent suicide of a former RCMP officer in Alberta as well as the brutalized spouse and Kids of an RCMP officer in BC who is a victim of all this as well really really hits close to home for me. A lot of us who have been diagnosed with a serious OSI like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder me included know the hell you and your family goes through. I live with that guilt every day.  Prime Minister Harper and his good buddy Vic Toews the Minister of Public Safety again know and have always known that PTSD and other OSI's have been a problem in the RCMP for a very very long time.

The recent interview of the psychiatrist at the OSI clinic in Vancouver confirmed this and stepped up because its a serious problem. So what is the end result, Minister Blaney punishes the Vancouver Psychiatrist by getting rid of a needed psychologist? This is plainly how this autocratic Conservative government works, don't tow the line then someone disappears. Pretty transparent and predictable response by the Harper Government. Harper can provide the funding for OSISS in a heartbeat but recently gave 12 million dollars to the Thai police which along with the rest of the Thai government was under siege by their own population not so long ago  and are corrupt. Harper through away 12 million dollars like it was nothing to a corrupt Thai government when that needed money could have been used to hire RCMP veterans with an OSI as Peer Support Coordinators and of course FUND THE OSISS PROGRAM that should have been done back in 2006. Well nothing has happened because the RCMP officers and their families are expendable Canadians.

I want to remind Vic Toews as the Minister of Public Safety that the RCMP officers and their families part of Canadian society but yet all the suicides and cries for help not to mention the brutalized spouses and kids have been forsaken because Harper does not see the common sense of doing the same thing as the Military by having the OSISS program which as a trained volunteer here in Kingston can personally say IT SAVES LIVES, SAVES MARRIAGES AND FAMILIES!!!!!

So Mr. Harper and Vic Towes I hope you two can sleep well at night because since the RCMP needs assessment by the Occupational Health and Well-fair done in June 2006 was published I hold you two fun politicians responsible for all the needless suicides brutalized spouses and children that has occurred since 2006 maybe earlier. I want you both contemplate the suffering and misery that this lack of will on your part has resulted within the RCMP which is a national symbol of this Canada.

You can provide the funding say maybe another 12 million to fund the OSISS program for the RCMP and why not because you recently threw away 12 million of tax payers dollars like it was nothing to a foreign police force so what's another 12 million?? The one thing that you can not change is the past and needless death and suffering within the RCMP that has occurred to date all because it did not fit into your plans of balancing your precious federal budget of a healthy economy sooner than later.

It is very obvious to me that RCMP officers/ Veterans and their families count for nothing and you have put budget cuts as a priority instead of the lives of Canadian citizens like RCMP officers and their families who are part of  the Canadian public. So you have your 40 pieces of silver Mr. Harper and Mr. Toews but at what cost? To put money as a priority instead of the well being of the RCMP officers and their families who are charged with protecting society but you have forsaken them because they have become disposable human beings.

Those RCMP Officers and veterans who commit violent acts because of Occupational Stress Injures like PTSD are just as much victims in all this because if the OSISS program and education about OSI's like PTSD would have been implemented in 2006 when it was recommended in the RCMP Needs Assessment by the Occupational Health and Safety branch   would have prevented the majority of these suicides, murders and family violence not to forget unnecessary use of force incidents by RCMP officers. It is a fact that early intervention of traumatic incidents experienced by an RCMP officer will reduce the symptoms of PTSD. Education for all line supervisors is crucial in early prevention of the effects of PTSD and other OSIs.

This is all on your heads and like I said if you can sleep at night then you are truly heartless and callus and the real crime is you knew all along that PTSD and other OSI's are a huge problem in the RCMP and for a very long time which is killing and is in fact hurting Canadians.  I understand fiscal responsibility but when you put money ahead of people then I question your morality and that of the Conservative Party. Hope this haunts you both for a very long time.

Eric Rebiere (Former Cst. RCMP 37515 and Canadian Military Veteran)
Independent advocate for Military and RCMP disabled Veterans rights

Back to top Go down