Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Re-Assessment

3 posters

Go down

My Re-Assessment Empty Re: My Re-Assessment

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2019, 17:50

Sleeping Dog wrote:
Justagrrl wrote:Seriously!!  Why have the wait time "tool" when it is not even accurate??  For the CIA/S the "estimated" wait time says 5/6 weeks and depending on who answers, the staff at the call centre say anything between "should be the next couple of weeks" and "they are working on files from January."

Ridiculous!!!

Sorry, I just needed to rant...  Cool  
l find my day is ruined whenever I phone vac, l have a claim that is 12 months at step 3 but they tell me they are currently only at claims for that disability dating back to 2017. As I suggested, unless you are about to lose your apartment or house or can’t put food on the table, the best thing you can do is forget you even have a claim in. No amount of calling will speed the process unless maybe you are in dire straits,

Thanks, Sleeping Dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2019, 17:47

Justagrrl wrote:Seriously!!  Why have the wait time "tool" when it is not even accurate??  For the CIA/S the "estimated" wait time says 5/6 weeks and depending on who answers, the staff at the call centre say anything between "should be the next couple of weeks" and "they are working on files from January."

Ridiculous!!!

l find my day is ruined whenever I phone vac, l have a claim that is 12 months at step 3 but they tell me they are currently only at claims for that disability dating back to 2017. As I suggested, unless you are about to lose your apartment or house or can’t put food on the table, the best thing you can do is forget you even have a claim in. No amount of calling will speed the process unless maybe you are in dire straits,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2019, 17:37

Seriously!!  Why have the wait time "tool" when it is not even accurate??  For the CIA/S the "estimated" wait time says 5/6 weeks and depending on who answers, the staff at the call centre say anything between "should be the next couple of weeks" and "they are working on files from January."

Ridiculous!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Braddock54345 Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:51

Thanks Gunner. That's good news for you. Happy to hear.

You are right, it does drive you nuts. Just want it to be over and done with is all..I'll try to take your advice. 👍

Braddock54345
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Tue 26 Feb 2019, 22:52

Braddock, I just got my reassessment complete about 2 weeks ago. It took 27 weeks from step 3 to complete. So I wouldn’t pay attention to that wait time tool very much.
I also applied for CIA in January, the wait tool said 6 weeks. But mine completed in 3. So that wait time tool is just crap I think lol
Best of luck to you. Hope you get good news soon.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Feb 2019, 15:33

Braddock54345 wrote:Thanks Johnny.

Checking the wait tool...it's gone from 23 to 22 weeks. Yahoo. The big machine at VAC must be making progress lol.

Ive asked them to tell me "Am I number #30, #300 or #3000 in the queue?". Of course you just hear the standard "we are experiencing a high volume of applications....".

I also have a physical injury application that I started in November and only just went to Step 2. That one is going to take awhile I think.
everyone’s situation is different but if you’re getting by now without the the money from the claims, your best bet is to file them and forget it, because the wait , the tools, their answers to questions will drive you insane and they will not speed your decision unless you are bankrupt and even then , you’d be hard pressed to get help. I’ve got a hearing claim in sitting at 45 weeks, I gave up asking about it , it will probably get declined, but since I’m surviving right now anything good happens is gravy, but I find proding VAC only ends up frustrating me and ruining the vibe around my family , so it’s not worth it...unless of course,like I said, you’re flat broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Braddock54345 Tue 26 Feb 2019, 14:07

Thanks Johnny.

Checking the wait tool...it's gone from 23 to 22 weeks. Yahoo. The big machine at VAC must be making progress lol.

Ive asked them to tell me "Am I number #30, #300 or #3000 in the queue?". Of course you just hear the standard "we are experiencing a high volume of applications....".

I also have a physical injury application that I started in November and only just went to Step 2. That one is going to take awhile I think.

Braddock54345
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 26 Feb 2019, 08:54

Braddock - welcome to the site. And the red tape of VAC. Could be along wait sometimes. I’ve had 3 claims in, now at 10 months. Got a call yesterday on 2 of them. They said there was not enough info fm my Dr, so they are mailing them back. So im probably looking at two yrs, by the time I get them restarted. And they wonder why Vets get upset..211 Out..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

My Re-Assessment Empty My Re-Assessment

Post by Braddock54345 Tue 26 Feb 2019, 00:16

Hey guys - just found this forum so figured I would kick in.

Made 1st application for PTS - April 2017.
Interim is granted February 2018. Retro'd back to April of 2017.

I go on my way, still keeping up with treatments, etc.

Re-assessment began on their accord, June 2018.
I provided everything they asked for. Went to Step 3 in October 2018. Their 'service standard begins then'
Still waiting. On week 18 now.

I'm constantly bothering them on email, trying to be polite, and seeking updates. More ambiguity and more of the same talking points.

I'm happy to have the help under the VAC umbrella, but this waiting game is really sad. It's just a constant source of stress and uncertainty. I've emailed my MLA, the revolving door of VAC Ministers, the Ombudsman, etc. No one seems to really care. It's fine - I'm not that important.

I note that their 'wait tool' now says 22 weeks for re-assessments. VAC tells me my claim is not complex.

Just wanted to share my experience thus far. Take care.

Braddock54345
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum