Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important News letter in My VAC Account

Go down

Important News letter in My VAC Account  Empty Important News letter in My VAC Account

Post by By the Bay Fri 15 Mar 2019, 15:54

I have cut and pasted the news letter below. Please take notice of the days MY VAC Account system will be shut down. If you are thinking about applying for the CIA/CIAS Benefit, don't wait....do it NOW!

Pension for Life
Pension for Life comes into effect on April 1, 2019. It is a combination of benefits that provide recognition, income support and stability to members and Veterans who experience a service related illness or injury. This new suite of benefits will empower Veterans and CAF members living with a service-related injury and/or illness to determine the form of compensation that works best for them and their families. Find out more.

• The first day to apply for the new programs is April 1, 2019

• The last day to apply in My VAC Account for programs that are changing or ending is March 30, 2019.

My VAC Account
To prepare for the new Pension for Life programs, we will be performing system updates to My VAC Account starting Wednesday, March 27.

• March 27, 3 am to 9am ET - My VAC Account will be unavailable

• March 27, 9 am to March 30 - My VAC Account will have limited service

• March 31 - My VAC Account will be unavailable.

During the limited service period (March 27 -30), you can:

• Apply for programs Note: Guided web forms (including any saved drafts of applications) will not available during this period. To apply, you will need to download an application, then upload it once complete.

• View your last 15 messages received from VAC Note: you will not be able to send or receive messages

• View the last 15 letters and forms received from VAC

• View your personal information

All other features will not be available during this period.

If you have any saved draft applications, they will not be accessible during the limited service and outage period (March 27– March 31). If it is for a program that is ending or changing on April 1, your saved application will not be accessible after March 26. Find out more.

Disability Award applications in process
If you have already submitted a Disability Award application and would prefer monthly payments instead of a lump sum award, we can hold your application until April 1, 2019 so it is processed under the Pain and Suffering Compensation. Please contact us if this is your preference.

If you have submitted your application through My VAC Account, we will put your application on hold and the ‘Track your application’ status for that claim will show as withdrawn or suspended. In this case, the status will direct you to contact the Department, however you do not need to contact us. On April 1, 2019, your status tracking will resume accordingly.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum