Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL Letter and question about work sheet.

2 posters

Go down

PFL Letter and question about work sheet.  Empty Re: PFL Letter and question about work sheet.

Post by DTC861 Tue 09 Apr 2019, 08:15

By the Bay, thanks I did end up calling VAC later in the afternoon. Luckily I was talking to one of the better people there and she was straight up with me and said that she had never seen that before. It is being forwarded to the accounting department so I guess we will see. To me it's just weird because when you see 2017 increase in the title and then you see a negative number you get confused.

DTC861
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-04-08

Back to top Go down

PFL Letter and question about work sheet.  Empty Re: PFL Letter and question about work sheet.

Post by By the Bay Tue 09 Apr 2019, 02:54

Hi DTC861,

Those VAC worksheet calculations are made to confuse even the smartest accountant.
When I was baffled by VAC's calculations on my worksheet, I sent a message through MY VAC Account. I wrote on the subject line 'Accounting Confusion on Worksheet? Please Explain' I wrote in my message what part of the worksheet had me baffled and a VAC staffer from the Accounting Department replied back to me. She explained in great detail my calculations. It maybe less stressful for you to get a full explanation regarding your calculations from the horses mouth. I would not want to make any assumptions when it comes to any calculations administered by VAC Accounting Department. (Sadly, VAC's Accounting Department does not have the best track record for getting Veterans' payment calculations right the first time)

Hope this helps,

By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

PFL Letter and question about work sheet.  Empty PFL Letter and question about work sheet.

Post by DTC861 Mon 08 Apr 2019, 17:56

Hey guys I have been following for years but never posted until today.

I received my PFL worksheet letter today and when I read it I had a big flag go up in my head. When I got to the page with the numbers detailing how they came to the amount I will be getting I noticed that under one of the column's marked 2017 DA increase it noted a negative number. Has anyone else seen this before. To the best of my knowledge I never received a notice of overpayment. For example I had an award in 2009 of $2999.00 with a 2017 DA increase of $9736.03 however for the line for 2010 my DA Amount lists $24511.22 with a 2017 DA increase of $-5332.26 and then in 2013 my DA was $14265.97 with a 2017 DA increase of $1988.20

Hopefully you guys can help me out, when I called VAC they just gave me the canned lines about PFL and not about what I was questioning.

Cheers
DTC861

DTC861
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2019-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum