Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC and private LTD

3 posters

Go down

DEC and private LTD Empty Re: DEC and private LTD

Post by AirLog Tue 23 Apr 2019, 16:28

If your LTD is 100% paid for by you (the employee) then VAC will not deduct these LTD payments. But, if as little as 1% is paid for by the employer then the LTD is deductible. I am in the 100% employee paid LTD and after discussing back and forth with VAC it was deemed that the LTD payments will not be used as an offset for my EELB (IRB). Check your policy or contact your HR personnel to find out if you are paying 100% of the premiums for your LTD. If you are you will require a letter from your employer stating this fact. Then scan the letter and send it to VAC. That is all what I did and VAC immediately reimbursed me all my EELB payments that were offsets for my LTD.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 23 Apr 2019, 15:40

Being on a private LTD plan, has no bearing on being approved for DEC, if you don't meet VAC's criteria. The only issue will be, is if you have been getting the ELB/IRB. Because private employer sponsored LTD plans, are deducted from the benefit. So any retroactive payments, will have to be paid to VAC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

DEC and private LTD Empty DEC and private LTD

Post by totransit Tue 23 Apr 2019, 14:39

I was approved Mar 28, 2019 for DEC. I just got a phone call from my company LTD telling I was approved for LTD after waiting awhile. I was just wondering if this affects your DEC status. I just need the LTD for ten months then I can take my company pension..

totransit
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum