Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB.

4 posters

Go down

SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB. Empty Re: SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB.

Post by skidsteer Thu 13 Jun 2019, 14:29

I agree Bigrex were on the same page.
skidsteer
skidsteer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB. Empty Re: SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB.

Post by bigrex Thu 13 Jun 2019, 11:42

Actually, clawing back, or withholding any money from financial benefits, because of a Pension Act pension, was deemed illegal, by a Federal Judge. Before that, it was merely policy, by both SISIP and VAC. So right now, the policy at VAC, is that the SRB is only calculated based on benefits received under the ELB program. So unless someone takes VAC to court, to extend it to those solely getting SISIP LTD, they are not legally obligated do so. Especially since there were no restrictions, preventing Veterans on SISIP from applying for, and approved, for ELB, at any point since 2006.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by skidsteer Thu 13 Jun 2019, 08:01

No different than the ELB class action.
skidsteer
skidsteer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 12 Jun 2019, 20:19

Well to be fair, if you were a VAC client, there was nothing to prevent you from applying for ELB, even if you were on SISIP. Because even if you had been zeroed out, because of SISIP, the SRB payment is based on the full ELB amount, as if there were no deductions.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by skidsteer Wed 12 Jun 2019, 17:19

Once again one group of veterans are being treated different than the other- elb vrs sisip vets.
skidsteer
skidsteer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 12 Jun 2019, 13:40

Are we due to be paid in September? I think?

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 09 Jun 2019, 01:02

But just so you are aware, the SRB, will be paid based on the full 90% ELB amount, and not just the 15% top up.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2019, 18:40

Thanks....   By the bay, I saw from a previous post you were on sisip also.

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Sat 08 Jun 2019, 17:37

Hi Home,

Unfortunately, the SRB payout is based on the VAC ELB and not the SISIP amount which really sucks for us who are receiving SISIP.
I also received the top-up but I zeroed out because I make more on SISIP then I do on ELB. But I will still receive some money in September.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB. Empty SRB- Question for By the Bay or others in the same situation on Sisip and ELB.

Post by Guest Sat 08 Jun 2019, 16:01

I have been on Sisip LTD for many a year. In 2017 I added ELB due to the 15% top up. In the calculation for a payout of the SRB  does it only include the Earning loss benefit from 2017 and does it include the time on long term Disability with Sisip? I could have applied for ELB long go but it was Zero out under the old system so I didn't apply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum