Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well?

+10
Rustytheviking
Unknown Soldier
Teentitan
Iceman
LAD
propat
SCUD
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
14 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Well? - Page 2 Empty Re: Well?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Sep 2019, 05:28

Texting is not easy for some and when you put alot of time and effort into a quote and find out it is for nothing because is a link involved and your a newbie and on probation it sucks !
Not to mention texting with big hands is like trying to wipe your ass with a blade of grass, so who ever put that in place rex can try that experiment and let me know if they get frustrated, carry on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 22:30

bigrex wrote:Well Wildthing, if you didn't keep deleting your account every few days, you would not have any restrictions. So therefor, it's self inflicted, so stop whining.
seriously rex whyTF should that matter, i can write anything but cannot post a link or quote someone who posted a link as to not take away from the point he was making. This is asinine bs IMO. Veterans voice remember not veterans are quelled forum!
I would love to see the link that brought this about ànd caused so much butthurt. Your snotty sarcasm is not an appropriate response keep it to yourself if you want things to remain civil !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 22:14

Riddick wrote:https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

Attached is a Trudeau metre......sounds funny...not sure how accurate it is?

For those who visit it, it shows Trudeau broke a shade under 20% of his promises.  Do a search for "veterans" and you get more detailed info.

Riddick

Here’s my Trudeau meter. Watch this link. There’s really nothing for me to say, just listen to Trudeau’s own words.

Priceless

https://youtu.be/HlC_DEPqeRo

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Sep 2019, 22:09

Well Wildthing, if you didn't keep deleting your account every few days, you would not have any restrictions. So therefor, it's self inflicted, so stop whining.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 21:29

I just spent a half hour quoting you and because your post contains a link i wasn't allowed post it, free speech and democracy at it's finest, note who ever put this in place if you were in front of me right now i would teach you the values i grew up with, and i guarantee you would never forget them or the right to free speech or expression,
You all have a good night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 02 Sep 2019, 19:18

https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

Attached is a Trudeau metre......sounds funny...not sure how accurate it is?

For those who visit it, it shows Trudeau broke a shade under 20% of his promises. Do a search for "veterans" and you get more detailed info.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Mon 02 Sep 2019, 19:00

As I recently proved Trudeau's promise to reinstate monthly pensions was a lie (amongst a host of other lies), I will not support liars. I just hope whichever party wins, is not a majority government.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Mon 02 Sep 2019, 17:23

I’m one of those Sisip/vac fellows. I was only getting sisip in the beginning. Cons brought in the cia, I got that. When the newer benefits came in that’s were I benefited the most, being young and “disabled”. I also don’t get cppd or cf pension due to less than 10 years of service. Like I stated in the past that’s better than what the cons have done. And it pains me to say that last part. Gotta get some listerine.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 13:00

I can't definitely say what the cons would have done or not , as they were in negotiations with Equitas, you could be right i can't say one way or the other.
I was sick of Harper and the fiasco that took place under him, that doesn't excuse the head spinning the liberals created, or the lies and deception. If anyone thinks that is exceptable that's their right, that's not something i can support.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Sep 2019, 12:41

Don't get me wrong, I am pissed that the PFL pension was short shifted the way it was, instead of reinstating the pre-2006 rates. But it is still better than monthly pension that the other parties had been proposing, which was $0.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 02 Sep 2019, 11:21

bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Instigate a line-by-line review of the New Veterans Charter (including the Enhanced New Veterans Charter Act of 2011), to determine which policies and programs should be retained, simplify the system and make it easier to navigate.

Increasing the pension to that of the PA, sounds pretty good, but this line causes me a bit of fear. This means that they would be looking to get rid of benefits. They could end up increasing the monthly pension by a thousand dollars, but then turn around and eliminate the APSC, or the IRB, all in the name of "simplifying" the legislation
you can guarantee there will be some robbing Peter to pay Paul, but l feel Trudeau robbed them both and then paid no one, lol.
Yes, but because of the Liberals, and the changes that they made, as a severely disabled veteran, I'm making over $1000 more per month, than I would have under the Tories. I don't have that damned Veterans ID card yet though.  grrrr.
Everyone’s situation is different, based on their injuries what they qualify for etc. I’ve never looked at all the charts , l just know that over time a veteran getting a monthly pension under the old system should see more money in the long run, an injury now at 5 % is about 18000 now but if you were hurt before 2006 and got $200 a month til you die , you would have received the $18000 in about 7 years, and still get decades of payments afterward
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 02 Sep 2019, 11:14

bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Wildthing, I agree that VAC should back off, once a Veteran is approved for benefits, and they will, if it's clear that your condition is not a temporary situation. I have been on EELB, CIA/CIAS and Attendance Allowance, since 2012, and I have not once had to submit paperwork to prove that I am still severely disabled, or that I require the same level of CIA or Attendance Allowance. I haven't even had to do a VIP questionnaire in several years. the only interaction I have with VAC, is when I call them.
yes,but you may be the exception rather than the norm, because for every vet l talk to who says VAC " leaves them alone " , I find another who is constantly badgered with repetitive paperwork or experiences benefit cut offs etc

Yes, but the people that may be enduring this, are likely getting a lot more money every month, than they would have, if they only had the PA pension, that they would have been entitled to. They may only have an assessed disability of 15% (the average), but were getting ELB, for years, because they were participating in the rehab program.

So who is better off? A veteran getting $632/mo for a family of four, but being left alone, or a veteran getting $50 to $60 thousand per year, but needs to complete paperwork every few years?
it’s hard for someone to make “more” when VAC is constantly finding ways to take away, subtracting CPPD from IRB etc. but that’s a whole other conversation
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Sep 2019, 10:08

Rex im being left alone, in no uncertain terms i made that very clear to them, and i don't contact them!
You are going to find this hard to believe but i was very passive and accommodating at one time and they run rough shot over me with every bs policy imaginable, not any more.
I understand what your saying and im not complaining about what i recieve, and i know liberals are not the sole reason for all our fortunes, some were court recommended. What sticks in my mind is the torment they put us through over the last four years and the flat out lies and bad mathematics!
The young veteran begging Kent Hehr on his fb and then committing suicide a few weeks later while Hehr was posting pictures of partying with his staffer freinds in a bar over and over. Where was the common decency to reply to someone who was clearly in distress?
There are alot of factors of why i feel the liberals are unfit to govern, but that one is enough for me to not even consider them as an option, besides i think they have partied enough over the last four year's on the taxpayer's dime demonstrating ignorance and arrogance at every opportunity...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Sep 2019, 09:30

Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Instigate a line-by-line review of the New Veterans Charter (including the Enhanced New Veterans Charter Act of 2011), to determine which policies and programs should be retained, simplify the system and make it easier to navigate.

Increasing the pension to that of the PA, sounds pretty good, but this line causes me a bit of fear. This means that they would be looking to get rid of benefits. They could end up increasing the monthly pension by a thousand dollars, but then turn around and eliminate the APSC, or the IRB, all in the name of "simplifying" the legislation
you can guarantee there will be some robbing Peter to pay Paul, but l feel Trudeau robbed them both and then paid no one, lol.
Yes, but because of the Liberals, and the changes that they made, as a severely disabled veteran, I'm making over $1000 more per month, than I would have under the Tories. I don't have that damned Veterans ID card yet though.  grrrr.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 02 Sep 2019, 09:18

Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Wildthing, I agree that VAC should back off, once a Veteran is approved for benefits, and they will, if it's clear that your condition is not a temporary situation. I have been on EELB, CIA/CIAS and Attendance Allowance, since 2012, and I have not once had to submit paperwork to prove that I am still severely disabled, or that I require the same level of CIA or Attendance Allowance. I haven't even had to do a VIP questionnaire in several years. the only interaction I have with VAC, is when I call them.
yes,but you may be the exception rather than the norm, because for every vet l talk to who says VAC " leaves them alone " , I find another who is constantly badgered with repetitive paperwork or experiences benefit cut offs etc

Yes, but the people that may be enduring this, are likely getting a lot more money every month, than they would have, if they only had the PA pension, that they would have been entitled to. They may only have an assessed disability of 15% (the average), but were getting ELB, for years, because they were participating in the rehab program.

So who is better off? A veteran getting $632/mo for a family of four, but being left alone, or a veteran getting $50 to $60 thousand per year, but needs to complete paperwork every few years?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: