Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision?

+2
Rustytheviking
Unknown Soldier
6 posters

Go down

What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision? Empty Finally a claim moved to complete

Post by 45jim Mon 21 Oct 2019, 09:07

My one disability claim that sat stagnant at Level 3 for 74 weeks just went complete on MYVAC. So much for 16 weeks!
Just waiting for the denial letter.

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision? Empty Re: What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision?

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2019, 17:39

3 claims at step 3 since May 29 2018

Back to top Go down

What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision? Empty Re: What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision?

Post by totransit Fri 18 Oct 2019, 16:41

I been at step 3 for two claims since April 2018.

totransit
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2018-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Fri 18 Oct 2019, 13:00

49 weeks now since step 2. Step 3 since June 05th. Just a joke.

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 29 Sep 2019, 12:07

I have one claim that’s been at Stage 3 since July, 2018. These wait times are beyond now..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sun 29 Sep 2019, 08:57

Pte FiFi Snickerdoodle wrote:Rusty that is a long wait!!!    Mine is for High blood pressure this doesnt help   LOL

Mine was a brain injury. It was deemed complex by vac medical staff

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 16:46

Rusty that is a long wait!!! Mine is for High blood pressure this doesnt help LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Fri 27 Sep 2019, 09:31

I submitted a claim in sept 2016 that I finally won this past June. That is with a denial and an appeal in there as well. It is not a quick process

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 09:02

Great advice I will follow it! Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 27 Sep 2019, 08:34

Pte FiFi Snickerdoodle wrote:Unknown Soldier- That sucks I am expecting a denial also. What was your actual step 3 to step 4 turnaround times? Mine is now over 75 weeks from step 3 and still waiting. Was yours 56 weeks -16 months?
I’m talking 16 months from step 3. Unless you are flat broke, starving and or about to lose your house, the best thing to do is file your claim and move on. Calling doesn’t help it just upsets a person more. The day you get the letter it will either be positive or negative and it’s best to deal with the situation then. Calling VAC getting frustrated and then spreading that negative energy over the rest of your life and ruining potential enjoyable time with your family, it’s just not worth it. But if someone really is down and out, l hear the Legion can help out, even (if you’re not a member) they can get a claim “ red zoned” or expedited, but you have to be dying or in a truly sad financial state.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 08:27

Unknown Soldier- That sucks I am expecting a denial also. What was your actual step 3 to step 4 turnaround times? Mine is now over 75 weeks from step 3 and still waiting. Was yours 56 weeks -16 months?

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 27 Sep 2019, 08:01

Pte FiFi Snickerdoodle wrote:Application status steps - First Application
-Step one -Feb 20th, 2018
- Step 3  All your supporting documentation was received on April 6th, 2018
Now at 75+ Weeks
Wait Time Tool Suggests 44-47 weeks.
Still Waiting for answers GRRRRRRRRRR
l just waited 16 months...for a denial. I don’t have the motivation to reapply, which is exactly what VAC wants.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision? Empty What is the longest you have ever waited for a Disability Award/Decision?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Sep 2019, 06:39

Application status steps - First Application
-Step one -Feb 20th, 2018
- Step 3 All your supporting documentation was received on April 6th, 2018
Now at 75+ Weeks
Wait Time Tool Suggests 44-47 weeks.
Still Waiting for answers GRRRRRRRRRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum