Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC and the CIA/APAS upgrade

+3
AirLog
johnny211
Unknown Soldier
7 posters

Go down

DEC and the CIA/APAS upgrade Empty Re: DEC and the CIA/APAS upgrade

Post by derngt Thu 24 Sep 2020, 08:46

derngt wrote:
bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:There had been a program, that compared time served of those who were DEC, against the CIA's medical criteria, and assigned whichever grade was higher  . So if you served less than 10 years and are DEC, you were assigned Grade 1,  Those serving 10-19 years were given grade 2, And those who served full careers were given grade 3..

They got rid of that when they changed the CIA to the APSC.
thats an odd perspective, isn’t grade 3 the lowest and grade 1 the highest, so a troop could batter his body around for 1. Year. Get medically  Released and end up DeC and the best level of CIA. But a soldier who put his body through hell for 20 years Gets out and becomes DEC and they give them the lowest level of CIA, hmm, something isn’t right, glad they got rid of that “ helpful “ program

I agree. I never understood the reasoning for rewarding those who served less time, with higher benefits. I much prefer the new system that rewards everyone with the additional increase to the IRB every year, to account for missed raises and promotions.until they reach what would be their 20 year mark..

The soldier that gets medically released at 10 years will miss out on pay,promotion etc. My peers are all now MWO or CWO.  I kept up with promotion for 13 years and retired 3B as a WO...They have made a hell of a lot more money than me in the last 14 years.  When I became DEC I requested a grade reassessment and was granted level 2. The new IRB only increases by the cost of living each year. The calculation takes into consideration of years served.....

Yes its back dated..Currently to 1 April 2019

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 23 Sep 2020, 19:51

derngt wrote:
bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:There had been a program, that compared time served of those who were DEC, against the CIA's medical criteria, and assigned whichever grade was higher  . So if you served less than 10 years and are DEC, you were assigned Grade 1,  Those serving 10-19 years were given grade 2, And those who served full careers were given grade 3..

thats an odd perspective, isn’t grade 3 the lowest and grade 1 the highest, so a troop could batter his body around for 1. Year. Get medically  Released and end up DeC and the best level of CIA. But a soldier who put his body through hell for 20 years Gets out and becomes DEC and they give them the lowest level of CIA, hmm, something isn’t right, glad they got rid of that “ helpful “ program

I agree. I never understood the reasoning for rewarding those who served less time, with higher benefits. I much prefer the new system that rewards everyone with the additional increase to the IRB every year, to account for missed raises and promotions.until they reach what would be their 20 year mark..

The soldier that gets medically released at 10 years will miss out on pay,promotion etc. My peers are all now MWO or CWO.  I kept up with promotion for 13 years and retired 3B as a WO...They have made a hell of a lot more money than me in the last 14 years.  When I became DEC I requested a grade reassessment and was granted level 2. The new IRB only increases by the cost of living each year. The calculation takes into consideration of years served.....
so when a veteran puts in for a tier upgrade say from lower tier to level 2, if it takes 2 years to come through, is it back dated, I.e, if a veteran was getting $500 a month already and waits 2 years for the upgrade to level 2 $1000 a month and gets approval, would he also get $500x24
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by derngt Wed 23 Sep 2020, 09:16

bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:

The soldier that gets medically released at 10 years will miss out on pay,promotion etc. My peers are all now MWO or CWO. I kept up with promotion for 13 years and retired 3B as a WO...They have made a hell of a lot more money than me in the last 14 years. When I became DEC I requested a grade reassessment and was granted level 2. The new IRB only increases by the cost of living each year. The calculation takes into consideration of years served.....

derngt
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 22 Sep 2020, 23:58

Unknown Soldier wrote:

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 21 Sep 2020, 13:31

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Sep 2020, 12:27

There had been a program, that compared time served of those who were DEC, against the CIA's medical criteria, and assigned whichever grade was higher . So if you served less than 10 years and are DEC, you were assigned Grade 1, Those serving 10-19 years were given grade 2, And those who served full careers were given grade 3..

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

derngt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 20 Sep 2020, 14:47

Gunner8 wrote:I was level 3, then I got DEC before April 1. I then applied to get my level reassessed, and they then put me at level 2.

Gunner
so l guess as was pointed out, it’s a crap shoot. Maybe I just talked to the right 3 vets , but they were also declared DEC before April 1 , maybe that had something to do with it , because they said they moved to CIA tier 2 fairly quick, but there was probably a lot less applications in then. But despite there being 55,000 disablity claims or whatever the # is, these type of things shouldn’t be lumped in to that pile? And yet, l guess there are only so many adjudicators at any one time
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Sun 20 Sep 2020, 13:21

I was level 3, then I got DEC before April 1. I then applied to get my level reassessed, and they then put me at level 2.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 20 Sep 2020, 10:16

Unknown Soldier wrote:For those of you here who were declared to have a Diminished Earning Capacity either before Apr. 1 2006 or after. Did your Career Impact Allowance or your Additional Pain and Suffering move up a tier automatically, or in some cases not at all? I’ve spoken to a few vets who became DEC before apr 1 and they all said their CIA was moved to tier 2 along with it. Is this what’s supposed to happen by nature of you becoming DEC or do you have to submit some kind of paperwork through cm/vac .?

I have not heard of anyone automatically moving a grade level......but I tend to keep to myself other than vet sites. Mine was not adjusted or from what I know re-evaluated without me requesting it. I to have a reassessment waiting adjudication??

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Sun 20 Sep 2020, 09:48

I was DEC prior to April 1st and CIA 3. I did request a reassessment of my CIA level and it was declined. I am still DEC, CIA 3 and Caregiver Benefit. No intention of requesting another reassessment unless my health deteriorates further.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 20 Sep 2020, 07:29

Hi Unknown - Prior to Apr 2019, I was level 3 Cia. I don't know any of my Vet friends who’s level moved automatically. On 1 Apr 2019, I put in for an APSC Reassessment, to try to get it too level 2. I’m presently at about 72 wks and waiting. Ea time I ask they advise because of the big influx of Vets getting there Cia in prior to the change over to APSC. The adjudicators have been on March 2019 for 5 mths now.
So it’s all a crap shoot so will see. The actual thing to ask for is a APSC Reassessment, and the form should still be in My Vac Account.
Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

turbo likes this post

Back to top Go down

DEC and the CIA/APAS upgrade Empty DEC and the CIA/APAS upgrade

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 19 Sep 2020, 21:36

For those of you here who were declared to have a Diminished Earning Capacity either before Apr. 1 2006 or after. Did your Career Impact Allowance or your Additional Pain and Suffering move up a tier automatically, or in some cases not at all? I’ve spoken to a few vets who became DEC before apr 1 and they all said their CIA was moved to tier 2 along with it. Is this what’s supposed to happen by nature of you becoming DEC or do you have to submit some kind of paperwork through cm/vac .?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down