Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional pension for dependant

4 posters

Go down

Additional pension for dependant Empty Re: Additional pension for dependant

Post by bigrex Sun 07 Feb 2021, 17:12

Topdek87 wrote:
johnny211 wrote:Topdek87- Neat handle by the way. Welcome to an awesome forum. There’s a great wealth of knowledge in here.  As far as I know the answer is no. There are now 3 versions of pensions, pre 2006, NVC, and PFL. Under the pre 2006 tax free pension, there was money for Spouse and additional children under 18. But as far as I’m aware that is no longer. Maybe someone else can chime in, Johnny Out..VVV

Thank you for the warm welcome! I was wondering because this is what I found: https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1154

At the bottom of the link, it references the Pension Act, because only Veterans getting a PA pension, with dependents under the age of 18, get an additional amount per child. Unfortunately the child and spousal amounts were eliminated in 2006 with the NVC, and the Liberals failed to reestablish a similar benefit under the VWB Act
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 03 Feb 2021, 16:55

if you have a pre-2006 disability pension, you still get spouse and dependant (i do)

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

derngt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdek87 Wed 03 Feb 2021, 14:53

johnny211 wrote:Topdek87- Neat handle by the way. Welcome to an awesome forum. There’s a great wealth of knowledge in here. As far as I know the answer is no. There are now 3 versions of pensions, pre 2006, NVC, and PFL. Under the pre 2006 tax free pension, there was money for Spouse and additional children under 18. But as far as I’m aware that is no longer. Maybe someone else can chime in, Johnny Out..VVV

Thank you for the warm welcome! I was wondering because this is what I found: https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-vac/legislation-policies/policies/document/1154

Topdek87
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 03 Feb 2021, 14:15

Topdek87- Neat handle by the way. Welcome to an awesome forum. There’s a great wealth of knowledge in here. As far as I know the answer is no. There are now 3 versions of pensions, pre 2006, NVC, and PFL. Under the pre 2006 tax free pension, there was money for Spouse and additional children under 18. But as far as I’m aware that is no longer. Maybe someone else can chime in, Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Additional pension for dependant Empty Additional pension for dependant

Post by Topdek87 Wed 03 Feb 2021, 13:39

Hello my girlfriend is due for April 2021 with our first child. I’m DEC and was wondering if I will be eligible for the additional pension for dependant

Topdek87
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down