Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.?

2 posters

Go down

What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.? Empty Re: What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.?

Post by Kramer Sat 29 May 2021, 21:35

From how this was explained to me......this applies to claims/cases before VRAB, which also includes veterans and serving members.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.? Empty Re: What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.?

Post by Kramer Wed 19 May 2021, 13:13

Good find!

I have never heard of it.....but it appears to me ....CAF, RCMP, may have another recourse?

In your link there is a PDF on definition of the term.......which is (if I interpret it right?) as follows:

https://www.vrab-tacra.gc.ca/Decisions/InterDecision-I-3-eng.pdf

"Treatment injury35.To avoid using language that suggests the need for negligence, the Panel uses the phrase “treatment injury”. Treatment injury can result from dental or medical care, and includes, but is not limited to the following: incorrect diagnosis, a decision on the treatment to be provided or not provided, a failure to provide treatment at all or in a timely manner, obtaining or failing to obtain consent, and equipment failure".  

This is an excerpt and therefore partially taken out of context, so I would suggest reading the complete decision.

I am curious for those over 100%?

Riddick

Last edited by Riddick on Wed 19 May 2021, 22:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accuracy)
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.? Empty What’s a service related “ treatment “ injury.?

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 19 May 2021, 11:19

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 610
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Kramer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down