Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees...

2 posters

Go down

VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees... Empty Re: VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees...

Post by Teentitan Mon 06 Nov 2023, 09:15

Unknown Soldier wrote:I heard the turn over rate is unreal. A lot go on stress leave from dealing with disgruntled veterans. Probably get PTSD pay outs...long before vets do.

A problem that has been going on since the 80's and the leading cause for their stress is VAC. The rules and guidelines they have to follow is what stress' the majority of them to the point where they can no longer face the veteran because the guilt eats them.

Haven't you ever wondered why we only see case managers or speak only to NCCN operators?

I've met many case managers, office staff, assistants to case managers and even the odd District Office Manager and their frustration is exhausting them. They all say basically the same thing...rules stress them out. For example losing the opportunity to just email vets who have simple questions they are not allowed to respond. Phone a vet to clarify a word or statement on their applications they are not allowed. Wellness checks by VAC staff are extremely restricted. In the 26 years I've dealt with VAC I have had 2 wellness checks on the phone.

VAC wants every communication/application/explanation with a veteran on paper and in the vets file. Next time you call NCCN listen for the clicking keys on their computer keyboard. Half of it is looking up the info to answer a question the other half is logging the bullet points of the conversation.

This micro-managing is one of the biggest problems with VAC and they know it!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees... Empty Re: VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees...

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 05 Nov 2023, 18:30

I heard the turn over rate is unreal. A lot go on stress leave from dealing with disgruntled veterans. Probably get PTSD pay outs...long before vets do.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 05 Nov 2023, 08:37

You do know this is to keep the inept employees from the last 4 years?
You know the ones that caused a 40K backlog of applications...
You know the ones who can't do math so we had to sue them to do calculations correctly...
You know the ones who use the phrase "I'm a temporary hire" as an excuse for being inept...
You know the ones who only want to work from home...
There's probably a lot more reasons but I would have rather seen the $164 Million spent on 'hiring' veterans to do this work properly
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees... Empty VAC to spend $164 mil to retain 600 employees...

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 04 Nov 2023, 13:25

...whose job it will be to say " no" to veterans. Money well spent!
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down