Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Question

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ELB Question Empty Re: ELB Question

Post by 6608 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 17:13

pmed yes vac can use your sisip TD as a proxy for Vac TPI if they want its up to them (or they can make you fill out all new paperwork).............if for example you apply for the SRB or PIA
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 17:00

Just my gut feeling, but SISIP should not be even mentioned on the VAC site or any reference to programs, or entitlements. SISIP is private! period, or is it? mmmm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 16:56

many definitions of totel disb.

So in the last one VAC uses SISIP (a private insurance program to determine level of disab. in a public system did I get that right.

Seems incest has finally been approved.....

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 16:48

the best thing the benefits navigator shows is the new VAC policies for example
PIA
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/1092
SRB
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/1093
and TPI
http://veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/1208
this was the only place i found this policy info, very good info on what a Cm can due ect.........................

Brian

CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 14:03

any CM that I have come across (that has been hired on with VAC since 2006) has had the demeanor and attitude to cut cut cut even when Doctors or other service providers as telling them differently on previously offered or new programs.

so I am not surprised to hear of so many that are deflected from their benefits (not gifts)
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:58

never heard of EELB before reading it here on this site, that would come after being on ELB?

I was approved for SISIP LTD (TD) but zero'd out as a PA recipient,

then when VAC allowed PA recipients to apply for ELB like myself I was then zero'd out for my PA amount as well.

SISIP has me on their books as zero'd, VAC has me on theirs as zero'd.

it would be interesting to ask a knowledgeable CM to explain which program I should go with after the dust has settled on the settlement.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:28

Well they phoned me Teen, and I just got off the phone with her, so I guess we shall see, she called on Friday to tell me they were working on it, Yes, if you are on sisip ltd you can't apply for elb, but if you were on both you can

Last edited by navrat on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just called vac again)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:26

But it is, Big Rex , backdated to 1 oct for Vac EELB
So no matter what, you will get it, she told me when it's done you will see your green boxes on your my vac account. Also there is pressure for them to backdate it to 1 April 2006 but my cm said, don't count on it and your already will be covered by sisip back then. Also there is not a lot of us on EELB so we are lucky, I just ot off the phone with her, he is good, I got your cell phone number so there is a lot of trust between us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:26

navrat that is great now all we have to do is to get dva to allow people to apply who are allowed to apply.the adjutication prosses can sort out if they qualify ore not.does that make any sence at all?
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:24

Navrat I made a phone call today about that very situation "can a client choose LTD or ELB"

As of right now if you started with LTD you are with LTD until 65. Same with ELB.

This is going to become a policy issue when all the dust settles on the SISIP lawsuit.

But nothing is stopping you from trying to give valid reason's "why" VAC/GoC/TB to give the veteran a choice of which program (LTD, ELB) they want to be under.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:21

I have been on both since sisip ltd 2004 and EELB since 2006, got no financial benefit fom both because of clawback bu I am on both

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:20

Thanks Navrat. If that is true, I guess I won't see anything until December, since I was only approved this summer.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:19

Yes Teen that is what I said, that is exactly me, I am waiting for my sisip ltd payment to secure my retro back to 2004 and them I am withdrawing from sisip nd switching to EElB which I am on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:16

I used to think my old cm was a bitch but she said my ass with doing his for me. I hope you guys aren't forgetting the Supplementry retirement benefit, you only gt it if you are ELB for however long you are out of work, but if you are EELb then you get this until age 65 and its 4 precent of you're release salary , indexed every year and 4 percent every year placed into a vac account and at 65 given to you. It's a lot for me 30000 or 40000 depending on interest. For this reason alone you have to apply

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 15 Oct 2012, 13:11

Navrat regardless of what your legion buddies say a client cannot double-dip. It's LTD or ELB until you are 65.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: