Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lay Down Your Medals -

2 posters

Go down

Would you lay down your medal on 11 November on or near parade?

Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_lcap29%Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_lcap53%Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 9 ]
Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_lcap6%Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_lcap12%Lay Down Your Medals - Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Lay Down Your Medals - Empty Re: Lay Down Your Medals -

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:37

i would not lay them down but how about a trade goc.ill trade you these 8 meadals for hmmmm lets see.....oh how about a little justice.i guess if they could answer im sure that answer would tell me what they are worth.
just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:18

I agree with Teentitan ,

The only medal we as a vet should lay down on that particular day , would for me be ....The Order of Canada ... as every vet should have been given for Defending their Great Nation

Not that i have it , it would be my choice , that's all .

For Country
Recon031
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:48

Mr. Oldvet I served with the RCR and The Canadian Airborne Regiment 84-2003 and both of these units have and had many very honourable heroes in each.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:31

The only medal I would lay down is the one I got for fighting VAC and now SISIP for 15 years. But there is no medal for that campaign is there?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:28

Who were you with Robbie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:26

Well I for one will not lay down my medals, I served my country with my brothers and some of them can not voice an opinion but I do know they would tell me, "We gave these medals to each other, and that's all we got". So out of respect for the fallen these a**hole politicians and piss ant companies that robbed me can not steal everything. FOR MY BROTHERS,FAIR WINDS and AIRBORNE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:13

Go ahead an protest 364 day's out of the year. But that one day is to Remember those that had fallen and those that are with us. If you really want to show you mean business ......man up and send those medals back to the GG as I normally say go big or go home.

As for them awarding those medals to us, yes they did but let me tell you I diffenently f****** earn mine and they are a memory of the service I have done and wanted to do for my country. No one held a gun to my head I did it because I choose too. Those medals are the memories of the friends I serviced with and my family who stayed by my side and supported me while I was gone... Those medals belong as much to my wife and my son's as they do to me.

I am a soldier and I will stand proud with the medals I have earn and honour those that have fallen this Nov 11 and I encourage everyone to do the same.... Anything else is plain polictical Bullshit.

Last edited by teentitan on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : language (well said though))

Back to top Go down

Post by acerman1234 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 07:51

Remembrance Day =" POLITICS"

We must make sure no politicians are involve in any way.
But until this happens.......would our passed brothers
accept what is happening to us. I am sure my dead fathers
hand would break the surface of his grave to give
me a thumbs up, to do anything to help future vets in their
struggles...no holds barred!!!!

(what did our vets die for....fair treatment for all...a government for the people......if we have to lay our metals down......to show respect for the
fallen comrades purpose for their ultimate sacrifice...soooo be it!)

acerman1234
( this is a respectful procedure......the government awarded these metals in the first place)
acerman1234
acerman1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 07:11

i agree cook now if the politicians would do the same that would be great.sorry to say but they will come up with a new policy to screw us and trot it out on rememberance day spun to look like a great thing they are doing for us.yes i would love to play by there dirty rules for a day but i just cant.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Oct 2012, 03:04

Well my feels about this is that this is complete bullshyte and disrespectful to those veterans who have passed and those that are alive now. Remembrance Day is not a day or the place for POLICTICS… it’s about respecting veterans period. I have seen and been part of receiving appreciation for service to our country, as for the GOC disrespecting us……. wait for it folks another war should be coming soon enough and our troops will be marching off to it again. Remembrance Day = NO POLICTICS.

Back to top Go down

Lay Down Your Medals - Empty Lay Down Your Medals -

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2012, 18:14

Last edited by PMED on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 23:18; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down