Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afghanistan war vets file class-action suit against federal government

+2
Nemo
puddleduk2
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Afghanistan war vets file class-action suit against federal government Empty Re: Afghanistan war vets file class-action suit against federal government

Post by Rags Mon 28 Jan 2013, 23:31

If ya wont some piss yourself off reading check out what the insurance severance and disability insurance is for people above rank of full col.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Afghanistan war vets file class-action suit against federal government Empty Re: Afghanistan war vets file class-action suit against federal government

Post by Jeffery M Wed 31 Oct 2012, 23:26

I wonder if anyone knows how I feel??

When I joined the CF, I signed my TOS with the Pension Act. In march of 2005, I resigned a new TOS for a final 17yrs, and would have retired, with a full pension.
At whatever point thereafter, the TOS changed. New recruits had to sign an initial 5 yr contract, as aposed to my initial 3. They then followed their 5 yr, with an additional 20yr TOS.

The bottom line is this...the NVC is not what I signed up for...
GOC will take care me, properly. Our NVC LAWSUIT will prevail. As GOD is our witness.

AMEN

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 13:01

glad to see troops once again are standing up for themselves.the leigion could help but will not as in my opinion have supported the gocs war on vets by its inaction.
allways question athority
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 12:43

I hope that these VETS get this whole mess sorted out and some one actually see's what that NVC actually did to all vets. I just wonder if the GOC will see why VAC took this road in the first place. We know why and it is all about paying some one a monthly entitlement. I hope that they take into consideration that if this Charter is deemed unacceptable then what Charter will they use. It is obvious that the Old Charter had problems as well and that the NVC in my opinion was enlisted due to the heavy offset caused by SISIP. Now with the SISIP Class Action winning its case where will the GOC turn to. Will us old vets under the old charter be able to address the compensation methods used under the NVC to assist our wounded vets. This is going to be a long drawn out process and my heart goes out to my boys who had to agree to the NVC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:56

You may be right Rex but the way I see this whole NVC/PA situation is this way...

VAC is the militaries Workmans Compensation Program (WCP). That said it's been 6 years since the NVC came into effect yet not one province has even considered changing their WCP to match the NVC.

Why not?

Easy...not one provincial government is arrogant enough to put a definitive price tag on an injury like the NVC does.

Imagine if Ontario WCP did this and everyone who had a claim in que right now was given a lump sum, pat on the head and shuffled out the door. The Ontario Supremem court would be slammed with lawsuits.

That's the best way I can wrap my head around why the NVC payment system is WRONG!

Hey guys quick question this topic should be in the Equitas thread. So I would like to move it to that thread to encourage some visitors who are on the NVC to drop by and maybe contribute.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:41

Good point bigrex, in other words they are legally getting sc--d.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 31 Oct 2012, 09:24

Even if this case is won (I think it will, but it will be a long battle) and monthly pensions are reintroduced, they won't be able to phase out other programs under the NVC, like the PIA and ELB, or remove them from those currently collecting them, or they'll open themselves up to even more discrimination lawsuits.

One thing I did see in the Statement of Claim that will really help or hinder this case (depending on your POV) is the fact that the Pension act was included in the military TOS when people joined, and therefor, the government had a legal contractual obligation to administer the Pension Act for anyone that joined prior to 2006, regardless of when they were injured.For those that joined after 2006, it is a matter of Moral Obligation to provide a monthly pension for disabilities.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 08:43

Grosgig your dead on the mater, our law suit is for making things right, we payed for that insurance and they ow us. The new vet's get more than nothing plus nothing. Never figured out the gov made that move, if they wanted to save money I have very bad news for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by puddleduk2 Wed 31 Oct 2012, 08:08

This new law suit will not be in the gov't best interests come this next federal election (2015).

Two fold, as both this suit and the new one will be held against them.
puddleduk2
puddleduk2
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 07:04

I think, they have made a good move, i play myself to just calculate if they are at 100%
NVC=293,308.42 Lump sum
Old VC= 2,547.42

293,308.42/ 2,547.47 = 115 month or 9.5 years and after ............... a big 0.

maybe if they put the money in a good financial house ( rates are better than banks ) maybe they may go 11 years but................. with the 2008 financial crash.............. putting to much money in financial placement hold me a little bit.

So i hope they can go with their class action........... they deserve better..........

I will be there too because i am in the both world old VC and new NVC

Grosgig (vandoos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 06:22

yes nemo im on cppd and my pention is being clawed back becouse of that.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:38

Oh....my brain bad.....I had read 10% but now looking at it again - it referred to something else. But I believe their pensions are still indexed more than the govt rate. AND their pensions are NOT clawed back when they start collecting CPP. Our service pensions are clawed back at age 65 (even if you do not have any CPP left to collect) or before if one starts collecting CPP(D)
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:18

nemo are you serious? That is highway robbery! Too bad we could not vote in people who CAN make good choices for the benefit of our nation. And not the ones who make financial choices that keeps them in expensive shoes for the rest of their lives. I am wearing holes in mine now and can't afford to buy a decent pair let alone my kids. Morally there should be only one standard for all Canadians but hey I was only a soldier, what do I know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:09

And MP's pensions are indexed at 10% EVERY year. Sweet deal.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Oct 2012, 21:37

Take the money from the Federal MP's pension fund and give it to the soldiers. Make the MP's have to work for 20-25 years before they are actually eligable for a pension. If there are any shady backdoor deals or general lies from the MP's they forfeit their pensions. Also take away the privilegde of geting Candada Pension when they are 65. Or at least reduce their MP pension dollar for dollar from the Canada Pension. Or if they are injured calculate their injury and give them a lump sum depending on the percentage some arbitrary person gives them at VAC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum