Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only) Empty Re: Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only)

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 13:28

another topic that is going to be locked as the person who posted the topic has deleted their account.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only) Empty Re: Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only)

Post by Teentitan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:14

Navrat and all I'd like to make a point here that everyone is forgetting or just doesn't see it...

If anything Harper should be congratulated for "correcting" this bad policy that has been in effect for over 40 years.

SISIP has tried many times to bring to attention to Prime Ministers, Treasury Board, MND's, CDS for decades that this clawback was wrong! But all those Liberal and Conservative governments ignored them.

Now I'm not stumping for Harper because we all know there is a hell of a lot more policies and procedures in VAC that need to be changed! Changes that if they are serious they will have a Royal Commission Inquiry about EVERYTHING VAC!

But this one time give Harper "some" respect. He had the opportunity to jam this up in court for years and years but instead he pulled the pin and said "fix it".

So I for one applaud (polite golf clap applause) Mr. Harper for correcting what 40 years of PM's ignored.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:33

Damages is a dream, but the GOC should at least pay us for the PR they are going to try and use, and about how much Harper cares for the veterans

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:11

Money and no boat.

Because you can have money and not need a boat, but you can't own a boat and not need money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:09

old zipper sounds great to me and as much as i like to stay positive that would be way to much for the goc to swallow.i dont even think they will settle for enough to cover tax and lawyer fees although i hope they do.im guessing the best they will go is enough to cover iether taxes ore lawyer fees in a settlement anyway.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:09

Best case - 34 months retro = $50 000+. So after all the deductions everyone is going to take off the top I would like to have at least $10 000 to take my family on a vacation. Anything over $10 000 would be very nice and would go into fixing my boat that is landlocked because I don't have enough money to get her in the water. So is it better to have money and no boat, or a boat and no money?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:05

Geez, I like your thinking, even for a fella that undoubtedly took one too many blows to the head, those agony-wagons being chock full of sharp-jutty-pointy objects and all.

Having said that, we will NOT see "DAMAGES", because that term implies culpability, something the goc will flat out refuse to do. I have never met, nor even heard of, a bureaucrat that ever admitted fault.

And having said that, your 'package', and no I am not implying any sort of meat-gazing here, but rather refering to your 'compensation package', looks good to me, I'd buy it, call it gahumpf compensation, or any other name you wish. WE would know what it's for, at the very least, and I don't particularly give two flying rounds of intercourse if John Q knows.

Cheers.

Oh, and I like pie.

Last edited by Greatfoot on Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I like pie.)

Back to top Go down

Crystal Ball Best Guess Class Action -Dennis Manuge- Settlement- (for enjoyment only) Empty [b]Damages[/b]

Post by OldZipperhead Fri 02 Nov 2012, 19:00

Damages: Now that is an area that I can see would cause considerable heartache to the GOC and everyone concerned: As how do you put any one percentage on the class participants. Each individual, spouse, child, parent, brother or sister and even friends that got caught up in the claw-back experienced it differently. Trying to put a percentage on one who was single and had a hard time as being comparable to some spouse that had their veteran husband/wife take their life, or the stress of the claw-back broke up their home, just wouldn’t be right!

Hence why I believe that the GOC will not entertain damages, where would you start and at what percentage?? Each and every case is different!

Maybe a way for the GOC to save face is to award non-taxable compensation instead of damages!
What might be best is that once each case has been calculated for the monies to be paid out, which would include the taxes paid and the Lawyers fees covered, that each veteran is provided additional “Compensation” at an agreed amount dependant on the family circumstances at the time of release.

As a start I propose that the additional amount be as follows:
1. The veteran receives $50,000.00 (non-Taxed)
2. Additional for each member of the family as follows:
a. Spouse $50,000.00 (non-taxed)
b. Each Child $10,000.00 (non-Taxed)

This way the veteran can finally recover to a point that homes can be bought, college funds can be provided to their children, etc….

I welcome your thoughts and those of the legal team.
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 18:40

and yes their do be dragons.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 18:39

i agree with al of yours tyrone exept for damages i think their will be something there for us.20% damages 30% by another name?who knows but i think their will be something.
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:51

Yes, I forgot about that, did anyone every find out why

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:44

Who's gonna sign off on the CanEx gift certificates? The president was sacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:40

Instead of damages , lets try for Canex gift certificates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Nov 2012, 17:35

1 . All individuals that were clawed back or entitled will received 100% ( if they were clawed back 1000 dollars or 100000 dollars you will get it all back)

2. " " will received no tax penalties but will pay taxes..Due to Retro (or they will be covered)

3. " " will pay court ordered fee for legal services ( Class action law suits requires court approval of legal fees - over 10% -under 21%)

4. " " will get cost of living increases that Sisip would have applied had you received the money on time.

5. There is not a hope in H-E-LL under our Cdn laws the class will receive Damages..( If by some divine intervention the class is awarded damages it will be much less than 25%)

6. In some areas the class may get slightly more money than expected (rounding up of interests etc )

7. Going forward you will require medicals for continual monthly monies from Sisip.

8. All class members will be invited to a private party -Free admission, Free food, Cash Bar - 2014 Fall or before

I Wish i had a magic wand with it I would give each individual member everything they wished for including your Health back but I can't, I just have a Crystal Ball.

What is your best guess at the Settlement?

The closest one to the actual accepted/approved proposal will receive from me at the party 1 million dollars or a free bag of groceries...( I get to chose the prize)

I have the final say and Judge Judy can help me !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum