Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout

4 posters

Go down

Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout Empty Re: Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Nov 2012, 23:40

meteck, were you released medically? Everyone who are medically released should have had some dealings with SISIP, even if it was getting a letter saying that you would not get any money due to other sources of income being too high. But to answer your question, the answer is no, ELB is strictly VAC, and if you are currently receiving ELB, it should no longer be reduced by the amount of your PA pension, there should be no need to wait until January. If you were on ELB and it has ended, as of right now, there is to retro active payments planned, only going forward. So unless the Government has a change of heart, or a group of former ELB recipients form another class action to seek the money that deducted over the last 6 years, I'm afraid you're out of luck
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout Empty Re: Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout

Post by meteck Sat 03 Nov 2012, 20:56

does sisip have anything to do with elb.i have had my entire med pension deducted monthly to fund my elb but ive never delt with sisip.only veterans affairs.its why this whole zero sum thing is so confusing.i suppose im waiting till jan 2013 for conformation.its very confusing

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 20:28

Last edited by Greatfoot on Tue 12 Feb 2013, 21:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 03 Nov 2012, 18:05

SISIP, with all their employees will be in shock. With doing nothing for the last 25 years and most likely their entry hallway, elevator and in from of their desk is pasted with NO and DENY signs, I find it hard to believe how they could overcome a long culture of resistance. I even think their keyboards will be missing the important keys.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Sat 03 Nov 2012, 14:32

Anyone who can produce an excel spread sheet could do each individual in about 10 minutes. However, this might give SISIP a chance to spend millions on some type of software that would do the same thing! Who knows?
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout Empty Once the settlement is made public, who administers it, who pays it out, will it be sisip that administers the payout

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 14:23

Is sisip in charge of the final payout, to me they must be , and this is probably the easy way to go because sisip has everything in the computer they have to just add the interest.?.But if we let sisip do it it might be be awhile because the approval is on 15 of jan then the order goes to sisip, then sisip still has to adjudicate the zero sums to figure if they quaifilyed or 24 months or everything back to when they first started sisip.? Sisip might take a long time since they are only done about half of the ones on the list as we speak, so who knows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum