Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Bruyea

4 posters

Go down

Tim Bruyea Empty Re: Tim Bruyea

Post by 1993firebird Fri 27 Mar 2015, 08:09

I think i am at 80% monthly as well and I got a 20% lump sum payment and also went up with Quality of life forms and appeals , reassessments , etc.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 08:02

I hear ya ..... I'm @ 136 % ..... BUT ! paid only @ 80% on the ol' PA System

20 % on the NVC , then re-assessments drove it up , but to no $ advantage , it was to show them , that as we grow older , our Conditions Worsen !

......... Troops , if your just below a Level where you can maybe get PIA or EIA , get re-assessed & Re-Apply for the next level that you have Earned .

......YES......you can get EIA .....with a Combo of OLD PENSION & NVC .....enough said !

Your Life & Your Family to Care for ,

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of ........7........ Get er' done Bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:59

Thanks Recon , you too.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:58

to get it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:57

Most of mine is monthly , old charter , but some was a lump sum for a total of around 110% which took me from 2002 to 2012.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:47

Well Done 1993 firebird ............

it is a long process , & ONLY those who are Persistant over time will Truly get the Benefits they Deserve .

It took me 12 years from Jan.11 , 2000 to 2012 .....and  454 pages of Med. Doc's thrown in their face over & over with all the Evidence , to finally get everything recognized @ 136 % wether it was on the old PA Pension or NVC combined , BUT ..... even with all the outstanding Evidence it was still denied I Believe Because they were so Backed up , they couldn't handle another file .............. YOU simply Must Never give up .

For everyone out there that is Constantly turned down for one reason or another , go back , get re-assessed " EVERY 24 MONTHS " & they have to take into ACCOUNT YOUR AGE , & QUALITY OF LIFE as well , by that I mean ..... how it Effects the Life of your Family on a Daily Basis as well .

For Most of us on here , We Fought on the Front Lines , Now you have to Fight for every Benefit you Earned as well ........  NEVER GIVE UP TROOPS !

It's YOURS , Now Go get it !

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Davr Fitzpatrick
Family of ........7........ Get er' done bye's !
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 27 Mar 2015, 07:26

Do you mean benefit percentage? Because I meant amount of claims. That is another automatic thing in Veterans Affairs , benefit percentage , they always start out low that is why there is a third appeal process in Charlottetown PEI. It took me around 10 years to finally get what Veterans Affairs told me in the table of disabilities that my conditions and symptoms of those conditions get as a percentage but it took initial claims of course , then departmental reviews , appeal level 1 , appeal level 2 , reconsiderations and reassessments. Now I am at over 100% at 5/5.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 21:27

From my experience the lawyers dont fight very hard thats why most percentages are low. They know we cant afford to hire a good lawyer.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 26 Mar 2015, 15:06

A very high percentage of claims are initially denied , almost 100% , and at the next level or the level after that most are granted. It is not how it should be but it is how Veterans Affairs works , that is why there is a lawyer department within Veterans Affairs to challenge the decision , ironic. Money wasted on Veterans Affairs lawyers to fight against Veterans Affairs.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:11

great news.

propat

Back to top Go down

Tim Bruyea Empty Situation resolved - Tim gets coverage

Post by Yves_M Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:04

I was kept up to date by Tim's wife who I knew through my wife.  Jill knew I was a sailor with his own experience with the "system" so she felt she could share her story with me.

This situation has finally been resolved in favour of Tim.  Income replacement is only partly retroactive, but it is full going forward which is a big help.

Yves_M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:14

Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Tim Bruyea Empty Tim Bruyea

Post by Nemo Mon 05 Nov 2012, 11:14

I am sure most here know of Tim Bruyea's brother. I saw Tim's story last night on CTV. He may be getting SISIP but he is not being comepnsated by VAC. The system is far from fixed even with this SISIP clawback suit. Tim was injured on a Canadian navy ship. He was in the loo when the ship rolled. He injured his back badly. Veterans board refused him VAC because they said he was not working, he was on a bathroom break. HELLOOOOOO. How stupid can they be. I always thought when you were on ship, you were on duty 24/7. So IF you were on a ship and were sleeping, and the ship blew up and you were injured, you would NOT qualify for VAC compensation because you were NOT working..you were sleeping.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down