Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

income support

2 posters

Go down

income support Empty Re: income support

Post by bigrex Sat 17 Nov 2012, 20:11

The CF income support program seems to be very restrictive. The criteria is rather obscure, stating that you have to enrolled in a career transition service. What the heck is that? isn't that what the voc rehab is? I know you can work while on it, but only make a limited amount, but the limits are unknown. Also, not only does it get reduced by amounts you get from other sources, like your CF pension, (not sure of PA pension anymore) it gets reduced by a percentage of the money your spouse earns.

If you don't think that you'll be able find gainful employment due to your disability, your better off getting PIA. I posted links for the PIA application in the thread "lots of onions for dva cm's". so you can print it off and send them in, or you could always call and hope you get some help from DVA. You can receive PIA while still working, and does not get reduced by other sources of income, and it is for life.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

income support Empty income support

Post by meteck Sat 17 Nov 2012, 18:12

hi all ive requested the pdf files for income support currently app 2 years left till graduation of college and already the road ahead looks bleak,i wondered if anyone here has aquired income support after completing the rehab program and having a hard time finding work afterward,is there anybody on income support and if so how was the process of getting on it for you,thanks and im pulling for everyone to get max dollars from this settlement.my monthly pay has just gone up 975 dollars and my family can use it,cheers

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum