Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once again...We are over thinking

Go down

Once again...We are over thinking Empty Re: Once again...We are over thinking

Post by Teentitan Thu 03 Jan 2013, 11:22

dj69100 you can trust Nav's info. Taxes were a very important part of the negotiations and the lawfirm worked very hard to try and minimize it as much as possible.

Plus it's good for everyone to be aware that there are taxes to be paid. So set aside at least 25%-35% of the retro money to make sure you cover your arse. Besides once you are in the clear of taxes you have that nice little pot of cash for the following year.

I plan on talking to my bank and asking about their biggest interest account I can put that safety pot into to make some money while I wait out the taxes. And I'm going to negotiate a penalty free payment for the current loan I have. I'm sure if you wave a large amount of money in the banks face they will waive any payment penalties.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 11:03

I rather not prepare on someting that I have no 'True Info" on.It's only causes...spinning out of control!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 10:47

Just trying to get an idea of the tax implications , nothing we can do about this, I also believe from my rumour that the settlement will be good, but it's the uncertain tax implications that are raising eye brows, and since the law firm has a tax department I hope we will be receiving some assistance from thir end. Always better to be prepared, taxes , we know are coming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 10:31

Back to top Go down

Once again...We are over thinking Empty Once again...We are over thinking

Post by Guest Thu 03 Jan 2013, 10:28

Please women and men, lets wait until we get the full information...We are only causing undo stress and digging to deep for no reason!Lets try to be positive and hopeful ,so we dont let those negative thoughts to take over our lives each day! I truly believe great things are coming very soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down