Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension

Go down

ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension Empty Re: ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:24

I am on the NVC and collecting ELB & PIA it was from a new injury that VAC awared me two years ago. I also have a monthly pension from the old VA which I was on SISIP 24month retraining. If the injuries are at different times and sisip only covered one like they did with me I dont have any deductions and I dont loose anything. Note I was released 2000.

Back to top Go down

ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension Empty Re: ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2013, 19:03

If you are on SISIP, they will not approve ELB, since they are basically the same program, except SISIP is the first payer. I know some members on here were on EELB, and it stopped once SISIP was reinstated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension Empty ELB Earnings Loss Benefit - Defendant will not deduct this from the Pension

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 18:36

I read in para 129 that VAC Minister Blaney will no longer deduct ELB from the Pension act Disability we recieve.

I am deemed totally disabled and am at 75% disability from VAC but do not get the ELB. I have tried to apply for it but it seems VAC is taking a very long time to get back to any of my questions or concerns. Is anyone else in the same situation being deemed totally disabled, at least 75% disability and not getting ELB? If you are getting ELB did you have to jump through hoops?

And if you recieve ELB does SISIP claw this amount back dollar for dollar also?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down