Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 2 Empty Re: SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:06

wills if you are on elb even if zeroed out you can apply fpr pia and the supplement.the pia is a variable ammount depending on your disability.the supplement is aprox 1000 on top of that.

propat

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 2 Empty Re: SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:58

A simple mind such as mine requires simplistic methods. On another note, does anybody know anything about TPI, ELB and PIA. I was always told I qualified for ELB but was maxed out so received zero. As of 10 Oct 2012 I recd a letter saying I am now TPI and qualify for an ELB under subsection 18(4) of the ACT. I talked to CM at Veteran Affairs and said that I understood the GOC stopped the clawbacks on ELB now. he still THINKS I am maxed out? There is a blurb on the VA website stating I should be now entitled to PIA of approx. 1000 per month?? Any thoughts people?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:48

Sorry, not around much today...trying to get caught up on some housework that got ignored last week.

The only issue I see is that you start calculating the interest in the year AFTER it was earned... For example you can't get a full years' interest in the amount for 2004 because you only started earning that money in June and the last payment for the year was only earned in Dec. the safest way, without getting into more complicated math breaking it down to partial year interest on a monthly basis is to take the amount you were owed as of Dec 31 of the previous year as your interest earning income for the year.

From what I have read so far legal and taxes should both be calculated on the gross amount. There was talk of us deducting the legal for tax purposes, but I haven't been able to find that in writing in the proposal yet. (If anyone else has, please let me know where)

Last edited by MaggieinNB on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 18:14; edited 1 time in total

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:46

will yes it is verry easy to see and understand the way you put it up and organized it great job keeping it simple and clear.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:42

propat, I agree. Hoping the way I listed my numbers may make it easy for other people to follow and maybe streamline or improve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:40

wills all your other math seems to check out but the blurb about tax at the bottom will all depend on all of your income and other deductions soooo it would be verry hard to do the math on.im guessing you would get a bigger deduction on your leagal but its kinda hard to say for sure.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:37

NAVRAT, yes, I screwed up and should have taken legal off first. Deduct approx 5000 from my numbers and I think they are close enough to be realistic, however, I did not add COLA either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:37

no tax and legal both come off the gross.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:35

Doesn't legal fees come off first , then income tax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:34

propat, ur right, I should have taken legal fees off the top

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:22

Maggie, where are you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:20

georges his amount will go down as he calculated his legal fees on the after tax ammount not the pre tax ammount as he should have.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:18

The math s tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:14

Navrat I tend to agree whit you will's amount should be highter than that, still I will do my math and come around, another thing here is that I start in 2001 that adds 10% to all his figures, so I will take time to do my math.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 17:10

well will you have a lot more info than i do! I will try to get this figured out and send you my numbers. One thing I do not get thous in 2002 I got more than 1000$, more like 1300$ maybe I'm rong here and I have no way to confirm. I will call sisip and get the numbers, this may take a few days. I alsow go back to dec 2001.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next