Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 4 Empty thank you !

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 08:04

Smile

Last edited by mfors2222 on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 14:08; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 4 Empty Re: SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Post by RCN-Retired Sun 13 Jan 2013, 01:29

With my limited knowledge with CRA, we will be taxed on the entire amount. Once the tax is held back the law firm will take their percentage again based on the full amount. From there you keep the rest but you would be able to use the fees charged be the law firm as tax credits when you file your return. For next years tax return we all need have an accountant complete so as we can be assured of as many write offs as possible. May cost a few hundred but will most likely save us thousands.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 4 Empty SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Post by Guest Sun 13 Jan 2013, 00:55

are my steps correct??

step1 add retro and all interest to get a '' $ amount#1''
step2 subtract lawyer fees 17,83 from '' $ amount#1 '' to give me a new'' $ amount#2''
step3 deduct taxes from ''$ amount#2'' only !!!! and NOT from ''$ amount#1
can someone comfirm my steps are correct especially calculating taxes only AFTER adding all interest and subtract 17.83 lawyer fees...........

can someone please let me know if my steps correct... thanks, mark

Last edited by mfors2222 on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 02:16; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE - Page 4 Empty Re: SOMEONE HELP ME VERIFY SOMETHING PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4