Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months...

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months... - Page 2 Empty Re: After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months...

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 24 Jan 2013, 21:17

I understand the scope of the recovery is quite substantial, but I feel the law firm should have a dedicated team to answer question from the class. This "pay day" for them will no doubt be the biggest one for them ever and I feel we should get some answers to a few questions. Not asking for the world...simply when my clawback started and my approximate payscale at the time. This was the blackest period in my life and I honestly never kept track because I was not in receipt of funds anymore. I think somewhere in the early 90's...same time my world fell apart. Not sure.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months... - Page 2 Empty Re: After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months...

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 21:14

George, I read a post on here in the last week, can't remember who wrote it but they stated I think that they were talking to MC Legal office and that they hired extra staff and the cheques could be sent out within 48 hours by registered mail as soon as they get the funds from SISIP. Which sounded like late Feb. I could be dreaming but I was sure I read it on here.
Thoughts, Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 19:58

The way I see it is that IT COULD take 6 month for all, many could and sould be a lot faster. 6 month if for all!!! pay out's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 19:56

Won't it be in the best interest of the GOC to get the monies out ASAP because of the interest being accrued by the class?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 19:34

I was under the impression that the 6 month window was for Manulife to payout the funds? I would have to read it over I may be wrong but I thought this was the reasoning behind the 6 month window.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 24 Jan 2013, 19:29

They are lawyers after all. They will never publicly say anything that is not in the proposal because it could turn around and bite them. If it does take that amount of time, they won't have to deal with a bunch of pissed off Veterans, if they were to say that the money would be paid out sooner. I feel that if the lawyers are aware of your current address, you should get the money in short order, and the 6 month window was provided to allow the law firm time to find as many class members as possible. I can imagine, since they have gone back to 1976, there may very well be Veterans or their survivors that don't even realize they are included in the class, and after 30+ years, they could have moved several times. The best way to get hold of all class members is for VAC to provide contact information, since they are most likely have the most up to date addresses and phone numbers for everyone involved.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:49

The system is not built for speed. Unfortunately

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:44

There seems to be a media blackout and Gag order still in effect here. I have been calling and leaving messages with our law firm and no one calls me back. I have a simple question and no one wants to field it. And why are we made to wait so long for retribution? This is getting quite surreal!
FRAK

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:42

That can be read right in the court docs with regards to the 6 months.

Back to top Go down

After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months... - Page 2 Empty After Febuary 14th you can wait another 6 months...

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 18:20

I spoke with the lawyers today in reguards to payment and when it could be expected and I was told " after the final meeting on the 14th of Febuary they are projecting an additional 6 months before all payments could be made howerver it could take longer." So my questions is this.
1. What has Sisip been doing this hole time, and why is it going to take an additional 6 months to figure out all payments.
Just food for thought in case you were thinking you might see any money "in hand" by April.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2