Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! Empty Re: URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Post by Rags Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:57

Did you send your letter via Mcinnis cooper e mail addy

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! Empty Re: URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Post by Rags Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:56

Good sparrow did they allot you a amount of time?

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:53

Just received email confirming I will be permitted to read my letter to the court. I will ask at that time if the Judge will let me read more. Hopefully at least one more or two....take care.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:44

Just a note on Robbies comment of emotion over telling the judge the law.
Judges cannot rule on emotion they must hear a legal argument! if you plead an emotional life of horror he may feel for ya but you must give the judge the law so they can rule. Judges know the law that is why they are judges but they cannot react to the law unless you present it. That is why a lawyer presents case law to a judge to argue the point. A judge may know a person is not guilty in a trial but if the lawyer does not present the law to get them off the judge must find the person guilty if the prosecutor presenst the law correctly. No one is found not guilty cause they said they did not do it and cry. They are found not guilty cause a lawyer told the judge the law and how his defended falls into it as not guilty.
So remember in a court its the law argument that wins not the emotional cry. Emotional cries and a life of struggle story comes into play as a victim on sentencing for impact not to change the verdic.

Last edited by Rags on Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : several typos)

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! Empty Depressed this evening .....tomorrow is another day! Thanks Steve for your wisdom!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 19:23

Thank Steve I have written a few letters in my time .....and i am thinking if we focus on the only thing that can be changed at this point ....Which is legal fees we have a chance of getting out of the 60% loss bracket....
I think the judge has to rule by the law not by his heart! If it was his heart we would be winners in this suit ....Not the ones that will get kicked in the wallet and only adds to the frustrations of life....
Steve my friend I am loosing so much ...i wish i had of opt out and ran away .....it wasn't worth the effort... my retro sucks....but for some that aren't in my shoes I wish them every happiness!

PS: IT LITERALLY MAKE ME ILL THAT THE LAW FIRM MCINNES-COOPER MAY GET $65,000,000.00 MILLION DOLLARS ....AND I PAY THEM 2X MORE IN LEGAL FEES THAN I PAID FOR MY HOME! -----MIND YOU ITS A SHED COMPARE TO MOST CLASS ACTION SUCCESSFUL LAWYERS COTTAGES! ........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 17:00

Rags wrote:I was just backing ya up Sparrow on your previous comments.

Of course Rags, no feathers ruffled here friend. Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 16:42

RedHorse
Please do not take this the wrong way as any letter addressed to Justice Barnes or anyone with a vetted interest in this Class Action for that matter becomes convoluted and immaterial when numbers and other civil proceedings are cast-off. Deliberately we determine that our legal system has forgotten the little guy and we habitually begin to quote the law and statues that pertain to a general situation. If you look at the very individual representation within this forum of CSAT then would you have Justice Barnes label all of us as one? He could statistically place all of us disabled veterans into one category and that would be biased and unmerited. I have found that if you focus on individual distinction and stay the course on personal involvements then your plea becomes credible therefore casting a separation between “me,me,me” and personal experiences. After all each and everyone here has very different story and a different take on the emotional and physical hardships that have risen from this SISIP nightmare. Never tell a Judge the law, do not quote the law or numbers that he is already knows, tell him your story and your history. He does not know you, and frankly he will not get to know you if you hold him in contempt of any financial or moral lost due to a decision he will eventually render.
Find the story within your soul not with your eyes, one holds real true and the other holds facts and figures. I’d be more interested in soul after all money can’t heal the soul, but a few well versed words are good for the soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:31

Rags ,

A letter sent in by Steve ( ROBBIErOYAL ) HAS ALREADY BEEN accepted by Justice Barnes & put into COURT dOCKETS , COPIES SENT TO BOTH LAW FIRMS AS THE GOOD JUDGE IS READY TO GIVE HIS FINAL VERDICT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:31

Come say hello Red froggie wants to meet you in chat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:30

At any time you can write directly to the federal courts... send to both locations ....anyone can write the Fed courts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:30

I was just backing ya up Sparrow on your previous comments.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:27

Exactly Rags, that is why I wanted everyone to know the protocol so no one falls through the cracks..

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:26

Im not sure about the Justice Barnes thing as he is supposed to be impartial so a letter direct to him is not going to be accepted as part of the court case. As best as I understand legal way. The settlement calls for us to send a letter to counsel that represents us as a class for presentation to court.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:21

Baby powder and Ivory soap. I miss those days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:19

Holding her in my arms , ah......the smell of a New Baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum