Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! - Page 2 Empty Re: URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:09

Recon, as per my email from Peter Driscoll, all letters to be read at the hearing are to be submitted to the law firm prior to Feb 7,2013. If I am to read letters from Veterans who are unable to attend, I must submit to legal , then I must request permission from the Court to read them on behalf of someone and ultimately it is the decision of the Court if I am permitted to or not. Legal has no authority on that matter. I would also advise those wishing to send letters to send to the Judge as well. However, I was only speaking of the process for the 14th of Feb specifically. Just want to be certain we are all understanding the same way. Cheers Recon, how is the little one?
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! - Page 2 Empty Re: URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:05

That is what I thought as well Red, I was covering my butt too.
Here are the email addresses: I have to leave a space in the email address in order to post on csat but of course there is no space. If you are requesting that I address and ask permission to read the letter to the courts pls also advise the legal time in advance in order that they be apprised however, it is up to the courts ultimately not the law firm. I would summize I will only be permitted to read a few if permitted..

SISIPLTDsettlement@mcinnescooper. com

peter.driscoll@mcinnescooper. com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 15:03

Sparrow ,

If you want it considered for the Court Hearing , send it ( them ) to Justice Barnes in Ottawa .

Peter , does not make the Final Decision on legal fees & how much
Mcinnis/Cooper gets to retain or how much to give back to the Troops

Hint , Hint...... SEND ALL LETTERS TO JUSTICE BARNES

AND HURRY ....................DEADLINE ...........FEB . 07

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 14:53

Please send them to both locations .....You cant email the Federal court you must use snail mail ,but you can email McInnes Cooper! - Just cover your butts! Written words only have impact if they are read! He Justice Barnes will like have professionals pre reading his mail and will direct them to him with notes etc ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 14:47

Redhorse, correct me if I am mistaken, the way I read the proposal is that any letters to be considered by the court for the purpose of being submitted or read must be sent to SISIPLTDsettlement@mcinnescooper. com by Feb 7, 2013. Is there a requirement to send it to Judge Barnes prior to the procedure if we wish to address the court? Or is that another avenue over and above submitting to McInness Cooper? I read in the proposal that if not submitted to McInness Cooper the court will not submit the letters to Judge Barnes. Just want to make sure we are all on the same page here Redhorse.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it! - Page 2 Empty URGENT ! If you have NOT written a letter yet to Justice Barnes Do it now and Register it!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 14:25

There should be no excuse  Veterans for not Writing Justice Barnes (Good or Bad WRITE!!)  200 letters is not nearly enough!
Justice Barnes:
Born in 1951 at New Westminster, British Columbia.  Educated at Acadia University (BA Hons. 1974) and Dalhousie University (LLB 1977). Called to the bars of British Columbia and Nova Scotia in 1978.  Appointed Queens Counsel (1995).  Partner of Burchell, Hayman, Parish in Halifax, Nova Scotia (1985-2005).  Part-time lecturer at Dalhousie University Faculty of Law (1986-1995).  Served as Vice-President of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Geneva, Switzerland (2004-2005) and President of the Canadian Red Cross Society (2001-2004).  Chair of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Liability Claims Fund (1993-1998) and member of the Canadian Lawyers' Insurance Association Advisory Board (1993-1998).  Recipient of the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society Distinguished Service Award (2005).  Appointed Judge of the Federal Court and ex officio member of the Federal Court of Appeal on November 22, 2005. Recipient of the Dalhousie University Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service (2006). Recipient of the Order of Red Cross (2006). Appointed as a Judge of the Court Martial Appeal Court of Canada on September 21, 2006. Address: Federal Court, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0H9.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2