Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawback of Retro by SISIP

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Clawback of Retro by SISIP - Page 2 Empty Re: Clawback of Retro by SISIP

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:31

Close I live in Sooke.

And we should collectively tell SISIP to go BLOW GOATS!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:31

So those on CPPD already will have to pay back SISIP. That is going to burn alot of Vets because when SISIP claws back the CPPD they will claw it back at the Gross amount not the net the VET recieves in their bank account.

This is what I am trying to prepare, mentally, for saving up enough money to cover the taxes/deductions CPPD will take off so I can hand it over to SISIP. Therefore those who will recieve CPPD will actually loose out again as they will have to pay back all those tax dollars to SISIP just to get the taxes back again, hopefully, at tax season. This is going to force us to get accountants to figure out this mess!

So lets say I, for example purposes, am getting 24 months of retro CPPD. On this retro service Canada took off 17% for taxes. So to give this a round figure $1000 a month for 24 months = $24 000. The taxes on this would be $4080 which means I will have to come up with $4080 dollars extra to give to SISIP from the net amount from CPPD of $24 000 - $4080 = $19 920. This $4080 will come from the SISIP retro money. So in effect we are loosing $4080 from our retro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:22

Exactly

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:22

Hey red; SISIP is and will reduce dollar for dollar from ccpd as I just received a letter asking me to settle up. P.S are you in victoria?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:20

Redfisher, it is my understanding that all CPPD is clawed back dollar for dollar it is considered a sourse of income unlike DVA pension is NOT now. if you get LTD or 24 month retro and THEN a couple months later you get a retro check from CPPD you will owe the amount of CPPD you got back to SISIP. Hope this helps

Back to top Go down

Clawback of Retro by SISIP - Page 2 Empty Clawback of Retro by SISIP

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:11

From my understanding when we get the settlement that any money we recieved from, lets say, child tax credit will not be retroactively deducted from our SISIP retro.

Therefor my train of thinking goes like this, if those of us who applied but have to wait to be accepted for CPPD, any retro CPPD money that Service Canada will give us WILL not be clawed back by SISIP from our settlement money. For instance if I received 24 months of retro CPPD and retro SISIP LTD then I would actually benefit from both of these. BUT I have a high suspision that SISIP just might take back dollar for dollar any CPPD retro we recieve.

Which brings me to another point. If those of you who are recieving CPPD and have been for many many months or years, will SISIP claw back the retro settlement money dollar for dollar of the money you recieved from CPPD? If not then I would assume that SISIP will not retoactively clawback any retro CPPD we may recieve.

Make sence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2