Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clawback of Retro by SISIP

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clawback of Retro by SISIP Empty Re: Clawback of Retro by SISIP

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 15:50

Good info I am starting the paper work. The doc told me she would support it 100% so and agrees with me . She said I should before even asking but I thought i wouldn't come ahead but this looks promising ..

Thanks for the answers! this is what this site was for it rocks ...

Chimo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 13:24

oiler correct they will not deduct the children's benefit from sisip and the 2013 amount is $228.66 per child they(you) will get it up too age 18 unless going to school then they can get it till age 25. at age 18 the check will be sent to them directly not you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 13:23

Thanks guys

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 11 Feb 2013, 13:22

Roughly $225.00 per child at last years rates. I have 2 in post-secondary now getting this amount.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 11 Feb 2013, 13:20

SISIP WILL NOT deduct child amounts of CPP(D). So that is a couple extra hundred in your pocket each month.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 13:15

Hi guys I asked this somewhere else and here I go again. I will be getting CPPD and have children ages 11 and 7 I will get monies in my name for them correct..??? So will sisup. Ltd take that amount for them at this stage???? I was told no but was just making sure .. And does anyone know how much you get for the kids????

Thanks
Chino

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:39

I hope for those in your situation that there is a way for SISIP to do all the calculations for your recent CPP(D) approval prior to paying you your clawback money. This would avoid the "here is $100 that we owe you minus lawyers fee's ... oh by the way you owe us $100 dollars now without lawyers fee's removed"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 23:15

the tax letter should be in the initial letter you recived when you first applied.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 23:12

yes that is true ltd.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 23:09

hey did just find this though
Are the LTD benefits taxable? Yes. However, during the first year you become a claimant all the LTD premiums paid during your military career can be deducted for tax purposes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 22:19

if im not mistaken if you recive this for your child you do not file this as your income but under your dependents income on your tax return.thus still their income by law not yours.but just going by memory pleas correct me if i missed something.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 22:12

i belive that they do not deduct the childerens amount at anytime.i also think that only the initial amount is deducted not the cpi increases.i say this becouse the childs amount is supposed to be payed to the child in that childs name either directly ore in care of a gardian witchever the case may be.pleas correct me if im wrong.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:57

REDfisher, I believe you are correct about the children's portion of CPPD. from my (new lol) understanding SISIP DOES NOT deduct this children's portion

Last edited by LTD4me on Sun 10 Feb 2013, 23:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : propat corrected me)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:49

Oldvet, did that letter from SISIP indicate anything else? Or was it just a letter stating that you owe us X amount of dollars? I am curious because as I heard from someone else there might be some exclusions in the Clawback so in the end the VET does not loose everything. One of those things was for any children you may have, or the CPPD childrens amount in which SISIP can not touch this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Feb 2013, 21:47

Red if you are wondering if it is the gross or net of your CPPD that SISIP will deduct it is from the gross. If you were already getting CPPD then all that would happen is SISIP would deduct your gross CPPD plus any other income ie: gross CFS plus any other gross amount of income but not dva from 75% of your pre release salary (with a min release salary of $3,415.5 as of oct 3 2011) and that is what your payment would be.
Z=X-Y
X=75% pre release salary (min release salary of $3,415.50 as of oct 3 2011
y=all gross income (dva pension excluded)
z=SISIP payment

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next