Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIP Services

+5
umbrella001
Tilap61
Rifleman
bog6
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VIP Services Empty Re: VIP Services

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:38

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll just wait for the information package and go from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Mon 18 Dec 2017, 08:28

depends on what your covered for in vip some are just the basic i think around $1500 where i live pei for grounds maintenance that helps cover the cost of snow and lawn care don't cover it all but dam close then because of my physical injuries as well as the rest of my injuries i can't help do my 50% house work so they took in account how big home was how many bedrooms and set a price for home cleaning we managed to find a local that was in our budget for it does not cover the total amount be again was dam close if the cola was added to it that be great i don't see that happening anytime soon seeing vip is a grant to help offset the cost there is lots of answers her don't be afraid to ask more ?

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:55

Bruce72,

These days , I just get a payment deposited twice a year for VIP.
Not like keeping receipts and getting reimbursed like before.
Your letter from VaC will expicitily say what it covers.
And there's a VaC link somewhere for the locations.
i.e. Amounts for Vancouver ain't the same as Nunavut.

Don't sweat it.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Dec 2017, 16:04

Thanks gunner for the information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Sun 17 Dec 2017, 16:00

Bruce72 wrote:I was approved for VIP services on Friday. Someone will be coming to shovel snow over the winter. Can someone tell me how it works, do I pay the person directly and get reimbursed from VAC or does VAC pay them.

Do I find someone locally to shovel the snow?

I'll be calling VAC tomorrow to find out the details,  but I'm curious. So I thought I'd ask you folks.

You will get a letter explaining how much money every 6 months VAC will deposit into your account. You will pay for the services from the money VAC gives you. There is no need to keep receipts for maid service or yard maintenance. I pay via E-interact as a record just encase VAC turns around and asks for receipts.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/health/veterans-independence-program/faq

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Dec 2017, 15:02

I was approved for VIP services on Friday. Someone will be coming to shovel snow over the winter. Can someone tell me how it works, do I pay the person directly and get reimbursed from VAC or does VAC pay them.

Do I find someone locally to shovel the snow?

I'll be calling VAC tomorrow to find out the details,  but I'm curious. So I thought I'd ask you folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 12:42

I talk to blue cross all the time. VIP is paid through Blue Cross but eligibility is determined by a team from VAC.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Wed 13 Sep 2017, 20:47

My spouse's VIP usually doesn't show up until at least 2-3 days after the renewal date.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 13 Sep 2017, 18:16

My Vip service is normally deposited the day it says it's suppose to be

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Wed 13 Sep 2017, 18:11

Question payment for ground maintenance and house keeping are made twice a years. So if Vac tells you that the second payment will be release on the 8th of a month should it be showing up that day in your bank or it takes a few days to show up. I thought it would be the same day and made promises to my provider that I can't keep till money is in the bank.

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Feb 2017, 17:39

Always nice to see older topics come back to life, it shows that members are reading the forum in it's entirety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 14 Feb 2017, 08:58

Ok I have direct deposit for all my Vip claims and I use my vac account for all claims and paper work my average turnaround on travel claims is roughly 2weeks and the direct deposit is in when using my vac account no signatures required and no recites but I do have a folder for Vip because after every claim put in you get a paper copy of what you put in for also you can set up direct payment on my vac account I hope this helps if I read posts correct

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Mon 13 Feb 2017, 21:01

Have you tried this llink for medavie

http://web.medavie.bluecross.ca/en/corplogin/help

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 02 Oct 2010, 02:18

Navrat; your suggestions would be excellent in a perfect world. I have been advocating for years to try and get VAC to catch up and use the "electronic highway".
But there are still too many vets who are not computer savy. Also funds to upgrade programming, security, IT training and believe it or not current generation computers on VAC's part have yet to be budgeted for all District Offices across Canada and PEI.
So until then the best thing we can do is keep track of our own submittals so we can calculate/estimate the amount of time it takes for certain claims to be processed.
Eventually them dang fancy picture boxes with smaller typewriters will catch on! lol
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Oct 2010, 21:17

I wonder why VIP blue cross does not use direct deposit for VIP claims. It would save time waiting for a cheque and also be safer than having a cheque get lost in the mail. Better still it would be nice to beable to submit claims online or beable to fax it in

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next