Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR?

+2
K9
Sapper Zodiak
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ARE THE LEAGAL FEES FAIR

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 5 ]
POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap25%POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 13 ]
POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 30 ]

Total Votes : 52

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:12

Easy not on your life or the life of any disabled veteran

Back to top Go down

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR?

Post by K9 Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:05

Judge Barnes stated that only 3 lawyers worked on this case and the other 3 big Class Action had hundreds working on the case.

Risk is a big factor also!

In Judge Barnes we thrust. God second.

K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:01

From Schedule C on the Leave No Vet Behind website:

Indian Residential Schools - $1,900,000,000+ - Fees: 3.88%

Tainted Blood I - $1,100,000,000 - Fees: 3.25%

Tainted Blood II - $1,023,475,575 - Fees: 3.64%

SISIP Clawback - $887,000,000+/- - Fees: 7.5%

Hmm, I see some discrepancy here...

Last edited by Greatfoot on Sat 16 Feb 2013, 16:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited in light of new info, thanks lonly)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:47

I am glad some of our own went to Halifax for the hearing. But to come away believing the Fees were acceptable, I still don't understand. Perhaps everyone there got a warm and fuzzy feeling because our law firm was there for us...but those multi millions of dollars were quickly forgotten about. Agreed the deal is good. Agreed the firm tried to communicate some through CSAT. But I can never agree the fees are fair. I think the 5% range would be acceptable. But never fair.
Maybe Georges buddy can go to Ottawa to help with the translation?
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:46

The one HUGE lesson I learned from this whole Class Action is that morals and ethics of regular down home people are not included when making a settlement.

How the world is compared to how we want it to be are two separate things entirely. In the end it is the ones who play the game without scrupples who come out ahead. To them its a win and it does not matter how much damage they caused to get that win.

I have a firm conviction that anything to do with the GOC or anything legal is underhanded. The only way to play their game is to learn to be just as underhanded and manipulative plus being one step or more ahead of them to get any advantage.

So the moral of the story is if you are going to court over something stike first, strike fast, and put all your morals and ethics aside and play dirty very dirty. If you do this you can say you won.

A good lesson indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 13:04

moke and mirors, we have been properly informed. The GOC lawyers came to our aid ( never in my mind would I has thought that possible)

Back to top Go down

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR? - Page 3 Empty POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR?

Post by Guest Sat 16 Feb 2013, 12:35

POLL; DO YOU THINK THE LEAGAL FEES ARE FAIR?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3