Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister may grant relief from penalty or interest

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Minister may grant relief from penalty or interest  Empty Re: Minister may grant relief from penalty or interest

Post by ghillie Sun 15 Sep 2013, 13:22

The amount of RRSP you can dump in will be on the assessment from last year, so for all who haven't made a contribution over the years should be a good amount. I am sorry haven't been on in a while, trying to check out what is happening every week when I am not weak, I don't know about you all but I think my check came with some kind of super bug, had been sick before my trip to NB, but when I got home and touched the paperwork(LOL) I have had strep, pneumonia, and the accident in NB for my leg has been crippling, haven't even gone on a shopping spree..will be catching up in coming days, just no energy and as always not wanting to spread the Crap Fog I've been in I have kept to myself. So wish this site had an android app!

Just another piece of intel, my finance guy had told me the same only tax relief given is when you don't have a pot to piss in, so the new pot to piss in, that I bought with my cheque is going up for auction just prior to tax time!
ghillie
ghillie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-06-14

Back to top Go down

Minister may grant relief from penalty or interest  Empty Re: Minister may grant relief from penalty or interest

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 17:31

I am with you, Propat, but I always get the feeling of defeat when dealing with the CRA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 16:47

nav I get told a lot of BS from them and trust me over this issue ive called a lot. the response I get the moast is they don't charge penelties extra tax ore deemed tax on QLSP if taken over past years. only two ive talked to ever heard of special calculations ore deemed tax. neither one of those two knew ore just didn't want to say what the deemed tax was I had to do a pile of research just to find out with no help from them. just because you are talking to a CRA agent doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. the request for taxpayer relief is NOT just for those that are broke but for other reasons as well. one of those are delays ore mistakes by the CRA ( not the GOC ) something that must be rectified as at least to me they are one in the same. depending on the issue they can be either connected ore not connected legally however again to me they are one in the same.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 11 Sep 2013, 16:05

Don't forget next year's RRSP's as well. Your retro should give you a bump for next year. Just another way to save some tax money over the next few years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 15:19

Look into how much you can dump into RRSPs...you can retro back on those as well if you haven't contributed in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 14:41

I called CRA and was told tax payer relief is for folks who have no money, after explaining my situation to the agent, he said that wouldn't even come close to your situation , I believe we are paying and next year the GOC will be getting retro payments from us all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:39

well k-9 is working on this but im sure he needs his worksheet to start and of course he doesn't have his retro yet so no real news right now.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:22

If I can get away just looking like meri , than that will be a good day, I have a bad bad feeling that come tax time I might need Sapper to bail me out !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 09:02

Navster, let's hope we all don't end up like Merl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:37

Lol freaking clown eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:23

Have you seen the walking dead tv show, that's what us veterans will look like once we get our bill, a bill of goods!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Sep 2013, 08:06

Any word on taxes getting close to DDay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 21:37

lets cross our fingers Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 19:48

a true notional top up is 10 times better than 3.27% BUT THAT TIME HAS PAST elimination of the deemed tax is still possible and equal to a true notional top up.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 18:46

Yes Robbie, absolutely that's what were all about, working together as a group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next