Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoke with Federal Court Registrar this AM.

+5
K9
Teentitan
sabrelove
Wife of a Veteran
peep
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Spoke with Federal Court Registrar this AM. Empty Re: Spoke with Federal Court Registrar this AM.

Post by Sapper Zodiak Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:29

I feel as though this is the eerie calm after the storm. I/we spent so much energy pining and waiting, then nothing. Waiting, then nothing. This is surreal. I can't stay at this hyper alert stage any longer. Crash time. I have never received a return phone call or any answers yet from this law firm, even though I will be paying buku dough. I know its done but having a hard time shutting down.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Spoke with Federal Court Registrar this AM. Empty Re: Spoke with Federal Court Registrar this AM.

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 12:04

Thank you sabrelove for putting the information in context. As for MC not wanting to participate on this forum any longer I guess it was inevitable. Class members are trying to minimize losses while the law firm is trying to maximize profits and we're fighting over the same pile of cash. We had a good thing going but our endgame objectives are different.
Nothing personal, and thanks for all the fish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 10:06

Kinda of feel as though I was used all over again, not by the CF this time, but by a group of men, (granted smarter than I) out to make millions. I am happy SISIP LTD was re-instated however just to dump us after they stand to make millions is wrong. Not to mention the poor soldiers that are on secondary lists. MC had seen an opportunity to make $$$ on the back of injured disabled vets. Their concern of our best interests was never at stake. The more money they made for the class, the more they asked for. Thanks PD and associate, Lawyers are truly bottom feeders. The one thing I do know is that I will always have my disabled vets on my side. Men/Women full of integrity, honesty and sincerity. As you bask in the sunlight and enjoy your next margarita, know that a disabled vet is paying for it. Also, when was the last time you thanked a Veteran, for services they rendered? I am so sick of people saying thanks to MC. I thank my brothers and sisters for we are the real hero's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 09:56

recon thanks buds had some fun wanted nothing but my c-9 and the longest hair in the battalion lol.met a lot of great peeps jist like you rr rags and the rest.im sad its over but when you cant go you cant go.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 09:46

Time will tell well has it.

Sign the Deal it great where do I send my check lol what a joke

Well did time change some peoples mind or are you still ready to give MC 17% of your money????

Half truths and lies and more to come watch and shoot watch and shoot

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 09:20

Propat ,

You were obviously an asset to the Battalion , guys like you keep the Morale High on many different levels .

Thanks for hanging in there ,

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Family of .......7......., anyone got rumours on Justice Barnes & our fate ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 08:15

ya rags never had much of that oppertunity as im a 20 year infantry cpl.allways in a fighting position with the exeption of the last two permanent catagory years but still in a rifle battalion.however i was that asshhole that would say thats i dumass way to do this to anyone of any rank before i went and did it lol.yup they loved to have me with them especially on tour but hated to here from me.but hey the troops loved me frack i was worth my weight in entertainment value allone just to see me rattle the cages of all the heads.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 08:04

lmao true rags in the end after a lengthy freedom of speech debate thats kinda what i did just sat back and watched the show its been a good one kinda like the first time i watched the exorcist.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 28 Feb 2013, 08:00

in my presentation I detailed the law on our involvement being in the law. And I requested that the deal be killed and 3 to 4 lead plaintiffs be ordered by the court to work on behalf of the class as is the power of the judge to do if we the class ask for it. Its in the law MC could not avoid it. They just out manipulated us.
It is 1st lesson learned I sent to RCMP its your right get MC to have several lead plaintiffs and if not write a motion to judge to have him order it under the law. We missed this part due to Dennis and his small group of friends who sup[ported the shut up be a lemming strategy. In the Army I always had a chance to say on many ideas and projects NICE IDEA..POOR EXECUTION. This is one of those times again.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 28 Feb 2013, 07:55

Hey Propat your one of the 6 or 9 problems that MC does not think have any value....just like me. I hate it when your standing in a heard of lemings all running to a light but they dont see that its the sun and it blocks the edge of the cliff they are all running off. We just stand there after trying to turn them around and finally give up pull out the lawn chair and raise a beer while we watch them all run off the cliff. In the end there would be a handfull of lemings that dont go over guess we are the few...the proud....the 6 to 9 problems not standing our ground now but sitting in lawn chairs smiling and having a beer saying.....well its not like we can tell them we told you so...there all dead.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 07:52

rags as for the class having more input that will never happen MC would not allow this.ive tryed this here on csat.i posed poll questions outside of the poll format asking for a yes ore no and maybe a breif explanation.MC was on here a bit then so they would have seen it quickly and infact did.these two polls were shut down and i even got a nastygram from peter.after the second was shut down i knew for a fact their was now way in hell anyone from the class could have any input in the negotiations when they wouldnt even support a poll on some vet website.well i was finally able to get one in but only after the deal was done so as to have no effect on the negotiations itself.unfortunatly that was locked i was kinda hopeing it would run till tax time next year as this would show the true impact of the deal.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 07:28

rags i have allways known why and agreed.not so much the deal as a whole but key parts especially the one in my letter.the fees not a huge issue for me the judge will set a fair rate im sure.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 28 Feb 2013, 07:21

well said RCN

If it is going to go this way then Dennis needs to sort it out fast he is as MC has said the only client and they only work with him. He had better start acting like a lead Plaintiff and directing the class lawyers to do what he wants on behalf of the class and soon.

Does everyone realize why I opposed the deal now? And specifically asked for 3 to 4 other lead plaintiff be assigned to this case.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 28 Feb 2013, 04:29

Pigeons, thanks for the link to the recorded entries. Can anyone answer a question regarding the names of those that either spoke at the hearing or submitted letters to the court? I submitted a letter to Justice Barnes prior to the deadline through MC office but I do not see any record of it in the recorded entries. I asked for and received an email from MCs office confirming they received it and did forward it. Should there not be a record of it that Justice Barnes actually received it? As for PD quitting CSAT I am of the same opinion that I have had since learning of the dollar value of he settlement that once the negotiations were completed the law firms give a heck factor towards the 7,499 class members other then Dennis diminished totally. For what these lawyers are seeking posed to how they have dealt with us is embarrassing. The Canadian Bar Association should be interested due to the give a crap attitude that is being portrayed by their members. Those that have spoken out about the difficulty that many here on CSAT have at understanding the magnitude of what is happening and trying to keep their emotions in check is a major issue that our legal advisors just do not seem to be able to grasp. One does not need to read to many posts to realize that there are far more than 6 veterans that are not happy with the treatment that PD and his firm are giving to those that are most likely the highest paying clients they will ever have. There must be more that we can collectively do to lodge our concerns towards the services being provided by MC and company. Together we Stand, United Forever!
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Feb 2013, 04:14

I'm amazed on how current issues in time has molded such intolerance in so many individuals with God complex authority. Who ever was telling RoyalRobbie to be careful about burning bridge, let me advise you that every good infantryman and paratrooper always has a plan B and C. RoyalRobbie has a reserve chute and to top it off, was an Assault Pioneer, so bridges are his to either blow up or rebuild.
One question? Have you ever walked a mile in ones shoes, let alone jump in paratroopers boots?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next