Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Court Translation

+2
bigrex
MaggieinNB
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Federal Court Translation Empty Re: Federal Court Translation

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 23:02

I can't take credit for the initial thread, but I did do the appropriate follow up through the VAC site and if you try and access the highlighted instruction of
Requirements for Decision Making and Determination of Need you will get no where! So, obviously VAC has blocked access to that subsection to keep us in the dark regarding those determinations for the case worker/s.

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:46

Re: VIP program
I hate to do this, but I have to post this thread that I found buried within the VAC site and then added to another thread by a fellow vet! Just thought it would only be fair to share this info with my brothers and sisters.

VIP Reassessments

Do up your chin straps troops, this might be another battle. Remember this was advertised as "cutting the red tap." They apparently even built a software tool for these specific anniversary's. Veterans with anniversary dates in Jan 2013 already effected and rumor has it, it isn't going well.

http://veterans.gc.ca/eng/department/policy/document/877

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Wed 06 Mar 2013, 15:07

I know it's stressful but stay positive. My opinion, I can't see this being rejected.,afterall there was court dates before the Judge leading up to Feb court date. So the Judge was aware of progression. I would assume that the court will not receive the decision until translation is done. I have dealt with the court system (MP) and from experience transcripts take time and must be vetted both in english and french to ensure that both transcripts say the same.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:40

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 14:12

Thank you,Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:57

No Nav. Federal Court does not have a spring recess break. I confirmed this moments ago with the Registrar in Ottawa. No breaks, only Christmas break.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:28

Someone just told me that the federal court has a 2 week recess in spring? Is judge Barnes on holiday right now, maybe why the delay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:19

nav this is a judge and i am positive in no way shape ore form is he dealing with anyone.his only job right now is to protect the class.i am sure he will do that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 13:12

Yes, the legal fees are a huge amount, but we have to remember that this has not be approved as of yet. We are going on assumptions. We really don't know if judge Barnes will lower legal fees. But what we do know is that he can only accept or reject the deal, so what would take this amount of time just to say yes or no. I hope there are no back door deals going on because at 66 million and yes the judge is also a lawyer, you can betcha our law firm is doing everything in there power to protect that. Think if he lowers it by half they lose 33 million, Tony Soprano has taken out people for less, way less. I truly believe something is up and as the days grow longer we shall see. As for the translation, sorry French guys, but just decide in English and we on csat will translate for you. Cash is Cash whether written in English or French .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:23

Justice Barnes stated in Halifax a decision would be rendered "within weeks not months" followed by the translation period that this would require. And dispite having other commitments on his schedule, Justice Barnes said he would get to work right away on this case due to the nature and the class. This is why many are concerned about the timing at this point. I understand their concerns and fears but I also agree we must stay positive as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:13

i fully agree maggie.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieinNB Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:10

I am sure legal decisions can take months... this isn't the only case the judge has in front of him, and I am sure he is doing his best. This should be fairly simple compared to the last hearing where he declared the clawback illegal, but I believe that one took months, didn't it? He has to be very careful with the amount of legal fees, and his reasoning behind it, because it is a huge amount of money involved and will be become of precedence for cases to follow.

I am anxious to hear, but have kind of stepped back from the edge over it and have resigned myself to the fact that we won't hear anything about it until the end of March or April and it has helped me relax a little.

I am sure the monthly cheques are not going to stop... if you have been declared disabled you are safe.. there is no talk of stopping payment to those that weren't zero-sum so why would ours stop... the cut off date was for proving your status to them.

MaggieinNB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:05

no biggie boys try and relax even though it may be hard.the only way the judge will reject this deal is if he thinks we would get much more if this case moves futher allong.he is there to protect us and probably knows more about the law that both leagal teams combined so we should have a little faith in him.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:51

To paraphrase:

"Holey cock and balls, Batman, are we ever getting it up the hoop!"
- Robin the Boy Wonder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:44

It is concerning oldvet. Is this a normal amount of time for a decision anyone in the legal community please advise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next