Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

+27
oldsailor
Dove96
Wife of a Veteran
tiger660
1993firebird
sabrelove
ceedee
beleaf67
puddleduk2
DeeCee
Newfie
Rags
MaggieinNB
Nemo
meathead
pteadams2002
dennismanuge
froggie2u36
OldZipperhead
bigrex
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
peep
acerman1234
K9
Teentitan
snrnavcom
31 posters

Page 51 of 67 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 51 Empty Re: Legal Fees (Assorted Topics)

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:39

Recon, it is still fully in power to address WHO pays the legal fees, all he has to do is inform the courts that the GoC will be picking up the tab. He even had more power to determine how much they would pay because if he had authorized Mr Toope to include fees as part of the settlement, like in the other major class actions, the judge would simply approve or disapprove the proposal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:38

ya the way the this thing is set up as i understand it the judge may not be able to effect who pays the leagal fees just the amount.he can have some effect on the tax penelties as well.outside of that he can reject the deal and send it back to negotiations.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:29

PICK A SIDE RECON is that all you got???? need to work harder than that to get chocolate candy bar for best insult.... PICK A SIDE HA HA.. maybe read all my post instead of selective reading

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:22

Pretty simple mfors2222 ,

Pick a side as we've always done , the GOC should pay , they Lost .

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:19

what i get from these demands
YES JUDGE LAWYERS DESERVE ALL MONEY NEGOTIATED IF GOC PAYS
BUT THEY DONT DESERVE MONEY IF WE PAY
dont make sense...
still have that chocolate candy bar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:16

The only thing the Judge will do at this point ....Is approve or not approve the FEES the Deal is done!

Focus on your feeling regarding the fees that is all that can change now!

If you agree with them say so....if you disagree say so.....your input can affect change!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:14

i wonder if judge decided to make GOC pay legal fees will people still be writing letters to judge telling to pay less fee to lawyers????? we are tax payers so were gonna pay anyway...... i would love to see people still ask for top ups if GOV flips bill... i doubt it.... l

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:06

for all the people asking to pay lawyers less for the work they done is totally wrong...... its something that was negotiated ...... it sounds awfull going in front of judge acknowledging they work hard and they won the case but can you pay them less........ regarding the fees the only thing i think we should be asking the judge that the GOC pay... i can imagine all the request judge getting in letters ... pay only this pay only that, top it up this amount or that amount...... lawyers did the work let them get paid what was agreed between lead plaintiff and themselfs......... i wish i would only see people focusing who should pay fees rather than how much...... sounds so stupid yes judge now they finish work and its all done with but can you pay them less

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 13:53

I heard people are backing out! Please write and ask to speak,say your piece be honest. You must have your ducks in order and be prepared. Check with Sparrow she know the procedure to get your word to the judge and also to speak.

WRITE whatever you Wish- Speak whatever you Wish to SAY! (Positive OR Negative we have Rights use them!)

Come the 15th its too late to formally say thank you and/or complain!

Last edited by BlackKnightinEliteArmor on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Legal Fees (Assorted Topics) - Page 51 Empty Concerning Justice Barne's " Decision " Feb.14 , Minister National Defence Peter MacKay , answers " Question w./ ref. to " Legal Fees " from Sgt. Steve G. Robinson ( Ret'd ) Monday , Feb . 04, 2013

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2013, 13:53

Dear Mr. Robinson,

Your e-mail concerning the legal fees to be charged by Class Counsel in the Class Action Lawsuit dealing with the Pension Act Offset & the SISIP LTD Plan was fwd'ed to me bt the Office of the Prime Minister .
Thank you for writing .

In particular you made fer: to the Notice of Cert. posted on the VAC website . The Notice was posted pursuent to an Order of the Federal Courtdated 08 Sept.2008 in the context of the cert.of the Dennis Manuge v. Her Majesty the Queen class action . Canada& counsel for the class are currently engaged in discussion to resolve all the outstanding legal issues in the class action in the hope of achieving a full & finalsettlement of the class action . Should agreement be reached , Canada & Counsel for the class will submit their proposed settlement agreement to the court for approval .

The issue of counsel fees is not the subject of negotiations between the parties & willultimately be DECIDED  BY  THE  COURT  AFTER  THE  CLASS ACTION  has been FULLY  resolved & approved by THE  COURT .

That process will require counsel for the class to make an application to the court with respect to their FEES . Class members will be given notice of the application & may make submissions to the court regarding the class counsel fees , & the Court will ULTIMATELY  DETERMINE  , what fees will be paid . Given that the matter of fees will be before the Court  to " Consider & Approve " , I am not in a position to address the concerns you have raised in any detail .

As suggested in the Notice , members of the class mey wish to contact McInnis Coopercounselrepresenting The Class , for further information .

Please be assured that the Well- Being of Canadian Armed Forces Veterans is  "  A  Priority "  for me & this  Government .

I would like to take this opportunity thank you for your service in behalf ofCanada .

Sincerely ,

Peter MacKay
Minister of National Defence

.......................My thoughts are he may not be in a position to address the concerns raised  ,  BUT  ,  COULD  HE  NOT  INFLUENCE  THE  COURTS  TO  DO THE  RIGHT  THING &  PAY  THE  LEGAL  FEES  ,  FOR  THEIR  ILLEGAL  CLAWBACK  FOR  35  YEARS  CAUSING  MANY  UNNESSESSARY  HARDSHIPS  TO  VETERANS  WHO  FOUGHT  FOR  THE  "  RIGHTS & FREEDOMS "  OF  THIS  NATION  ???????

FOR COUNTRY
RETIRED ARMY MASTER SNIPER
DAVE FITZPATRICK

Last edited by Recon031 on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 14:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 04 Feb 2013, 13:41

Make sure you get your request into the lawfirm to speak before 7 Feb Rags.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 22:24

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Nice work Rags!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 18:37

LET'S HOPE THAT jUSTICE bARNES PICKS UP ON THIS & " ORDERS "

THE " GOC " to do the Rightful thing & pony up the ENTIRE LEGAL FEES

For Country
Retired Army Master Sniper
Dave Fitzpatrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 03 Feb 2013, 17:10

I will be going to Halifax. I suspect there are other occasions they asked or in writting to client told him as a little intimidation he would have to pay. I am in litigation on a law suite right now and in discover on another and I get intimidating letters all the time from the other legal counsel telling me to drop it, if not they will seek costs.
My lawyer told me and I heard my judge say once that ya better not ask for something like payment of costs at this point cause if you lose and the client asks im not going to be very kind to you when you try to argue why you should not pay.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Feb 2013, 17:06

This could be a blockbuster moment everyone! Outstanding work Rags.

Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 67 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next