Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013 Empty Re: ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013

Post by peep Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:34

WD is in Belize big time.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013 Empty Re: ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:31

Well with only 4 episodes left in the season for WD, I'm praying we have a decision before it goes away again.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:28

Walking Dead Sunday night , I'm addicted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 15:26

Hey, there's always celebrity apprentice on Sunday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 11:46

Ex-Para, I just called the Fed Court clerk that I have been in contact with throughout this waiting period. Unfortunately, she has advised that nothing is pending in the court repository computer inbox and we can see nothing is on the Court website.
Sorry, it appears we will have another weekend to get through.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:36

Good Morning Sparrow, did you do your morning call to the court house yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 10:33

Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2013, 09:18

ANNUAL FEDERAL BUDGET WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 21, 2013 VSW135_BA_TwitterBird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 23:43

pigeons.ca wrote:Sparrow if you get time, can I commission you and your hubby to do a kind of last supper themed stained glass portrait of Stephen Harper and Peter Mackay handing out cheques like bread to SISIP victims. Maybe at the bottom of the portrait type in something latin like, "Ne cures, quod nos capere iure condimentum diligere". 16 by 8 ft should do it, I would hope it could be completed by the time the cheque comes and my breakfast nook is complete.

Sure pigeons we can do that for you sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 22:49

Sparrow if you get time, can I commission you and your hubby to do a kind of last supper themed stained glass portrait of Stephen Harper and Peter Mackay handing out cheques like bread to SISIP victims. Maybe at the bottom of the portrait type in something latin like, "Ne cures, quod nos capere iure condimentum diligere". 16 by 8 ft should do it, I would hope it could be completed by the time the cheque comes and my breakfast nook is complete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 21:31

If the balance will be reduced by the refund this means we will get less in interest top ups and also pay less legal fees. They can't charge legal fees on the Gross amount of retro but only on the difference. At least I hope so or else we are going to get royally boned again from SISIP!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 20:42

I would hazard to guess, yes you will have to pay back "monies" owed if you are collecting CPPD. I have been getting SISIP for a few years now and CPPD of which they deduct the difference. In addition I got a refund from CPPD going back five years and to this day I am repaying SISIP not knowing they deducted it. They also told me if and when we get our retro money the balance will be deducted from my refund!!!
I also sent an email to the PD office today and was told " Nothing heard from Justice Barnes yet." Just sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 20:15

That 1.9 Billion will be reduced substancially as SISIP will deduct the CPPD payments from all affected Vets and give them the remainder, which won't be much. So I figure that the 1.9 billion will be cut in half or less.

Which brings up another point if and when we get this settlement I am resonably sure that we won't have to repay the Child Tax Credit and other social payments we recieved over the years. Given that we won't have to repay those should the CPPD be deducted from SISIP for the previous years we recieved it? I would think not as this would reduce the total amount SISIP is going to have to pay us. Should they not be held accountable for the 800 or so million payout without defering the payments onto Service Canadas CPPD plan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 14 Mar 2013, 19:18

Yeah gotta love the delays...really amps up the frustration level so we start taking comments/postings the wrong way. So let's all relax and accept the fact that no one or group can move the wheels of law or government beyond the speed they want to work at.

This class action lawsuit is going to affect the annual budget for the next 7 years. It was stated and reported that the payout is going to be $1.9 billion over 7 years.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Mar 2013, 19:01

Respectfully Recon, this conversation is over from my end.
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum