Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 18 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 15:57

Now that's a mud pie even I can eat well done Keith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 14:36

Sounds 100 percent to me, Ruck!

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Tue 10 Sep 2013, 13:32

Hey there Steve once again thanks again for our morning telephone chat, thanks for the recent post, Rifleman hang in there fellow royal, and every other VET. NOW after tons of e-mails and phone calls and text messages lets try to simplify the procedure off the law suit. 1st, thousands recived in 2008 a letter from the firm indicating you have been identified that you may be a former member of the Canadian Forces an entitled to PARTICIPATE in the class action, no where did it state this was a given. #2 lets fast forward WE WON THE LAW SUIT.#3 Defence minister anounced they will not APPEAL, then he called a stop to NOT paying LTD payment.#4 Identified members started to recieve declarations to be filled out and returned #5 Now these where sent back FOR REVIEW. #6 During this time Many members were identified and recieved non prejudice payments up until April 30th 2013 but had till Feb 9th 2013 to submit form, during this time once a members file was complete then manulife adjudicated on it then you either recieved your are only 24 months or you were put back on LTD going forward and intitled to your full retro, or some never recieved any corispondence at all. #7 Judge Barnes made his Decision/ RULING on how this will play out,in ref to time frame and amounts intrest ect to be short. #8 Now once this was done sisisp/MAN had 6months to pay all those identified no later than OCT 15/2013 now the exact numbers have fluxuated up and down from 7500 to over 8 to 9 thousand, now just remove the amounts from your thougts this is where so many are getting confussed, out of the amount that have to be done as per court order may be up or may be down, so sisip has X amount to complete by the given time frame, and that is what they are working on, now during this process thousands of more files have been identified and I believe they are also being worked on and will be settled after the intial bunch that were identified are done, to stay with-in the court order. So what i'm reading into this and e-mails and conversation with other VETS, those that check the APP and it says proccessed/ OR check next month are ones that have been confirmed allready, now those that may see File not found, OR e-mail from the firm saying your are not on our list, all this means is that the law firm has not recieved any info from sisip on you so they can not say anything to you as they have nothing as of yet. So in short there will be alot more files to be done after the said date but they have to clear the confirmed ones first, so sisip/MAN will not send any more to the firm until those are paid. So this is far from over troops so dont give up, I hope this make some sense to you, and possible reduce a bit of stress, now remember this is not 100% but makes sense to me. Rucksack031 over but never out
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:58

Thanks brother For Country and each other

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:44

Hey RR it is so comforting to get up in the morning after next to no sleep from all the stress this whole process has put on myself and my family but I still know I can get up and come here to therapy corner and read your posts and tell it the way it truly is I for one commend you as a fellow soldier and vet for all your honesty and true feelings on this whole process and believe me I feel the same way this will never be over for myself or other vets until we're dead and put in a trench and even then the past will probably haunt me
From one Royal to another thanks for all the honest posts and keep them coming your last post just made my day.

PRO PATRIA

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Sep 2013, 08:13

Look troops herein sleeps the unambiguous truth about where we are today. This is not an opinion this is actual documented truth with regards to this class action suit. For many and at one time myself journeyed along this magic carpet ride in hopes for transcendency in particular hope that our veteran community would once again weather the terrible oppression stamped onto an already heavy world of policies and release forms. Ok maybe just maybe I am naive to believe that somewhere between could have settled out of court to becoming a class action that those representing our best interests financially and emotionally could have been lost when the dollar value rocketed to a height never seen before in our courts. After all I have read the court documentation listened to all the interviews on radio and television with the standard out come, this is about restoring dignity to our veterans this is about putting the money back into the hands of our veterans, veterans veterans veterans. STOP, how the hell can this be true when the same law firm of McInnes Cooper can not even communicate honestly with the veteran community it swore to assist. Ok again I am naive as this law firm has stated in an email directly to me, we answer to Dennis Manuge he hired us. Well excuse me then Peter go through Dennis to my lawyer fees because both of you have let down the class action law suit, one says his job is done and the other refuses to oversee his handy work. According to the history of class action law suits the Lead Plaintiff job is not done nor is the work of our lawyer firm so is the marriage between Manuge and McInnes Cooper over, if so do not take it out on the rest of the class because in the class as a whole there are real genuine people with real genuine stories.
So silly to believe that our interests where best served with gold tongues and deep pockets and yet here we are a veteran community still in ruin still being oppressed by corporate firms with agendas far greater that giving back our damn dignity. Hope you swallow deep and may my dedication to country haunt you pricks till your dying days.
FOR COUNTRY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 16:12

I have a wonderful routine now thanks to CSAT and our brotherhood that has paid the ultimate sacrifice for country and soldier. It is an honour to answer the phone each morning and help a fellow warrior breach any hurdle that causes any form of anguish or anger, after all we are allowed to cry now and then.

My stories and analogies are based on metaphoric situations that allow you too see what I am seeing because soldiers tend to visualize more specifically on the trigger and that seems to draw and fuel there anger even more good or bad it sucks the life right out of you.

I use phrases such as "If heroes like you can not see the words inside my writing as a path of freedom in a society that hides its broken few, then my book has failed".

"Our knowledge we have is far more than any shrink can research or analyze, due to our competitive nature we are where we are, for most of us we are not pack animals rather we are the game one step ahead of the wolves, we are the sheep in a matter of speaking just fine tuning our survival tools".

I was talking to a very fine soldier this morning and in my opinion he has nothing to be ashamed of due to his courage and dedication to his country. He has been on numerous tours of operations in all phases of peacekeeping and peacemaking and served with this countries elite. He however is angry and very bitter towards his illness of PTSD. Sure he knows just about as much as I do when it comes to PTSD however he goes at it alone or through his shrink. he like me gets more from the commute to and from the office lol than what is being counselled. So during our conversation this morning I let him know how CSAT has actually matured and how of course we have our resident arseholes here and there but for the majority the site as become a highway of knowledge and healing from the veterans themselves. We ave broken a barrier here and we reach not only veterans but family and friends of veterans and most likely our fellow countrymen, so if you need to vent then vent if you need to read then read you don't need to leave a post or response but in my opinion your illness is like gold to many struggling with PTSD. It is not to compare notes or develop a believable case for your own situation but rather this allows you the opera unity to be real with other real survivors like you. I can not say it enough but anyone in this forum who feels overwhelmed then do so here you maybe surprised as to whom is listening and whom can give you an ear. We do not have the answers nor do we pretend we do but we all have insight and that knowledge itself is the vision required to allow an unobstructed view of your life living with PTSD.
If your shrinks can't fix you then you got to fix yourself boys and dumping that second skin is a start way to to much weight to be carried by one soldier time to give back the kit troops sign your final 638 TIC with one piece of kit on it, YOU the VETERAN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 13:46

You signed for it now invent another I dare you lol

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:54

Well Teen there is no reading between the lines for this Vet it is so loud and clear. And Steve my brother ref our call one of the best forms of therapy, I am still laughing you big hearted bugger and thanks for not attaching a bill like the Dr does. PS Steve I still have to turn in that AXE lol. rucksack 031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:25

Just like those two ole geezers from the muppets you say lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Aug 2013, 10:40

Ministers chair!?!?!? No way...lot more fun barking at the person in the chair. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 09:23

You are a good man Ron should have you in the ministers chair brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Aug 2013, 08:48

Career trajectory in uniform...outdo others to get that promotion.

Career trajectory for a veteran...share with others because who needs the promotion now? A veteran's quality of life that's who.

Think about it for awhile
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 18:50

I was on the phone to a fellow veteran yesterday  rucksack031, a Loyal Royal just like me. I become overwhelmed with a  dateless feeling that takes you back to your youth and you soon forget all those bad times and simply swim in only the saintliest of waters. Between recalling this guy and that guy and the stories that followed remind you that you did in fact touch lives of other great Canadians.  It is  also a time that you feel emotionally exposed as you place those shared heroics above the encompassed fetal illness that resides hidden beneath that rack of medals. You truly forget the contribution and sacrifice of others until you talk to a fellow veteran and I for one will always be in debt to those like Keith, Enzo, Dave , Ron, Steve and any other veteran that has a story to tell. I believe what my fellow Royal has told me, being able to relate in a non competitive environment is the most surreal recipe for healing and understanding available to all veterans.  Another reality that we tend to forget because we denounce anything free as being a gimmick but I am here to tell you the only gimmick being exploited is how much experience there is here and how available it is. I will not forget that these  gifts from others are blueprints of paths crossed and etched in a society of great knowledge. I am fortunate that my words can reach an audience greater than I once fathomed possible but even more so I am greatly moved by stories that are given to me as a sign of respect. I will continue to reach our brotherhood through my own footprints but I only become stronger when I can look all around and see those like Rucksack031 , DZAnzio, RECON, TeenTitan and so many more who find peace in sharing their agony. 
Ironic choice of words but I have never seen a battlefield empty of blood nor have I seen a bloodless hero, war creates the silenced, today we are the spoken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Aug 2013, 16:29

[color=#000000][font=Noteworthy][b]Scripting error[/b][/font][/color]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next