Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 23 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Teentitan Wed 19 Jun 2013, 17:17

Well hope you read some interesting stuff Rucksack when you were looking for your thread.

There is a lot of good info, help and idea's on CSAT and so many categories to put them in. LOL
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jun 2013, 16:54

Still here Rucksack031

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 10:10

WELL it took me a few days to find my way around the sites, thanks TEEN, Glad to see its still here RR. Rucksack031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 09:49

I never though about soliciting others for the purpose of generating knowledge but rather figured the theraphy in understanding my own struggles would permit others the ability to accept and allow themselves freedom within our community of normality. I really appreciate your thoughts Ducked and it leaves me speechless ( not that that ever stopped me before) and I am proud that my thoughts do embrace others, Meathead that would have been Larry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Jun 2013, 07:54

Letter to the editors ......RR  this is good stuff...  you should forward your opinions to Mercedes Stephenson

Since 2001, Stephenson has regularly appeared on national broadcast networks and has been featured in some of Canada’s preeminent publications. She was the youngest military analyst in North America covering the Iraq war at 21 years old. During this time she served as the President of the Society for Military and Strategic Studies (2001 – 2004).
Stephenson holds and Honours B.A. in Political Science from The University of Calgary (U of C) and did Masters-level graduate work at The University of Calgary Centre for Military and Strategic Studies. She was a visiting research student at The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) and studied economics and media ethics at Washington's Georgetown University while interning at The Pentagon full-time.
A native of Calgary, AB, Stephenson now lives and works in Ottawa.
Follow her on Twitter: 

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Sun 16 Jun 2013, 07:37

Robbie was that Roger Shepherd you mentioned?

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 07:31

That was a very deep subject Robbie. If I was the doctor listening to this I would have laid down on the couch. lol
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 20:58

I love my morning therapy, thanks steve for sheding a new prespective on how to approach my DR, all I can say is WOW so true. Thanks so much for sharing, I could go on for ever but wont, your posts speek for themself. Hey thanks for the PM just figured out what all those csat e-mails were lol, your advice and thoughts mean alot brother. RUCKSACK031 over but never out
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeCee Sat 15 Jun 2013, 20:38

Very well put Royal! Chris
DeeCee
DeeCee
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Jun 2013, 19:26

As many of us disabled veterans advance in age we have a tendency to expect many things to fall naturally into place within our lives. Whether we expect these things to fall graciously or at a pace that affords us modest anxiety we know socially the cards dealt are the hands played. However when that balance is offset by a source that we in theory must accept then that loss of perception becomes a boundary that most veterans will not cross. 
I will bring to the forefront my routine visits with my psychiatrist and how I turned the tables on perception and used the unknown to foster growth in the healing process. 
Initially I lost all respect to authority and those that demanded respect for the title they carried behind the uniform or tie. I attributed  my  health condition to the machine that used acronyms to hide policies and mandates designed to negate social ownership in the career of a warrior. 

That is right I am a warrior and like most warriors I care little about social stigma or how socially my correlation with mental health issues govern any lifestyle. Hold on I say, what vermin just spewed forth from this serpentine cavern. 
I want to back up to that very first weapons lecture that I received from Sergeant Shepherd in Battle School. I recall siting at attention in my chair afraid to move a muscle for fear of being reprimanded for the lack of bodily muscle control but I did recall word for word how to load my service rifle a skill that even today has never left my memory bank.
 So when my doctor began his mental health cleansing I halted his efforts and point blank informed him how I as a warrior and a man wanted to be healed.
I simply instructed him as any true Royal would that I did not want to know what was wrong with me but what was wrong with the illness. I told him that if I was the rifle then by my initial inspection of the rifle (myself)  I found no  manufacturer anomalies therefore I was far less the problem than the ammunition issued. I informed him that I wanted to study the mechanics of my illness and how this invasion could score my warrior blueing.
Scratching his head he was at a loss for words and at first told me that he was unsure if he was even capable of complete understanding of my story. For over 5 years I instructed my doctor on all matters military at a basic level mind you and after extensive training he began to feel like I did, he began to feel the rifle effect and begun to understand why the rationale of rifle and bullet by design defined who we as warriors would be in our life after the military.
You see my warrior friends the rifle always fires the bullet and should the round fail to fire the first instinct is to correct the rifle and even should the problem be attributed to the round we can discard the round and load new ones. However we continue to use the rifle over and over until it fires no more or is replaced by a refitted rifle. That is how we as warriors are treated, we are used until our parts fall off or become so worn out that replacing the  whole unit is the only recourse action. My theory is and alway will be if the ammunition would have been correctly administered then the rifle would have never mechanically failed. You see stoppages are far too common but the remedies are always the same never challenged or never altered .
The ammunition that fires the rifle are the hidden mandates and agendas that govern our warrior society. Had you told me when I was a young man volunteering to defend his country and throw his life on the line for a complete stranger that you would not honour your policies nor would you acknowledge that the ideals of equality would differ so much in regards to who you deem honourable and just plan statistical numbers I would have fought even harder.
So if I can condense this analogy then I will sum it up with this final conclusion, we as warriors must own our illness but if we want growth and clarity to help other warriors then we have to inform society that we are not broken rifles we just keep getting fed faulty cheap ammunition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:54

You got that right rucksack and by the way thanks To you and RR for the posts on this wonderful day myself and the betterhalf and a great day.

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by rucksack031 Thu 13 Jun 2013, 13:46

Riflemen my brother welcome to the 30 and over club congratulations to you both, u no the old saying behind every soldier is a even stronger women, cheers may you have another blessed 30yr together. Rucksack031
rucksack031
rucksack031
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:23

And a huge convratulations is in order best to you and your lovely mrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 21:22

Amen brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 12 Jun 2013, 19:00

Married 30 years as of tomorrow the wife is just like an old pair of combat boots she's always there when you need them. Hope it does not take that long for payment .

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next