Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 13 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by pinger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 19:12

Robbie and Rucksack. That is very powerful and poignant, more the former... pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Mar 2015, 18:17

out

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 15:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 19:06

awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 16:25

let me know always have a room available

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 13:03

Double tap love it and yup your right way to far apart but life is funny could be in your neck of the woods someday soon George

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:26

OPs double taped that one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:24

Sure we stile have our minds, and in do my best to keep it runing. Your poems are greate keep them coming.  Had a great poutine yesterday, love that stuff, just sent off a new contract offer for a new fire truck this week.  The paper work is humonguess!!! Chalengers of that order are the things that keep me going.  The team work at the fire brigade is just like in the army, trust, loyalty,honor and more!!!! Don't know what I will find next but for the time bieng it does the job.  To bad we live so far apart!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:23

Sure we stile have our minds, and in do my best to keep it runing. Your poems are greate keep them coming. Had a great poutine yesterday, love that stuff, just sent off a new contract offer for a new fire truck this week. The paper work is humonguess!!! Chalengers of that order are the things that keep me going. The team work at the fire brigade is just like in the army, trust, loyalty,honor and more!!!! Don't know what I will find next but for the time bieng it does the job. To bad we live so far apart!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:45

You bet george, it gives me a new idea, challenge and even a new objective every single day and yes even though we have become less physically capable of enduring that in your face presence we sure can evolve with what many have forgotten to use, our thoughts words and emotions. We all have a story to tell and it is these stories hard, funny, emotional or otherwise just memories they are history and in that context if we bury the history we bury ourselves. I like others refuse to dig out everyday so i lay it on the line so to speak and stay on top of that pile of self pity. Sure as heck there are days that it just gets to you then I just sit back and think about something I want to say then jot it down and voila a poem emerges that all our veterans can appeal to, that is the strength of words. I still hate bullies and loud mouthed uneducated idiots that attack others because they figure their own injuries are far more deserved and require an open forum to give credence to the pity wagon. Damn george you just gave me a new idea for an up coming verse lol. Cheers my friend and again your input and the input of others gives me strength to write as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 10:29

hy Robbie was going throus all the times I came back from a tour and was wandering wy we always want more. More of the pain, suffering and harship's. Discused it whit a fellow fire fighter and he almost gave me the answer. He said I have not changed he said. Every day we are out there fighting fire, pulling victims out of cars, hell yesterday we retrieved a man hanging up side donw 40 feet of the groud in bad shape! I guess he is right, we need to be in the front lines, going to bed with the deep impression we did SOME good. I can't stand and fight anymore, so I fond some thing esle to fight. Defferent pile same sense of acomplichement. The big difference is that in this line of work I sleep in a good bed every night and always washed. So now I understand that we have not changed, For me it's just a different task. Tel me, were do you find your will to carry on, is this place your new fighting field?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 09:17

out

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Sat 14 Apr 2018, 15:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:22

ya Robbi we were there our plt anyway bruse king was our WO , chipper and the rest of HOTEL stayed in the main camp but we stayed there. a lot of name's do slip my memory but moast of everything elce does not. guess you never seen the brow boys ya would have remembered that. got ray el of er one night and everyone that walked by the room got invited in foe a drink and subsequently was pinned down and got single eyebrow shaved. it was kinda funny till chipper decided to show up the next day for a visit then welllll it got a little less funny.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:49

because george like a true soldier we knew our tasking was incomplete and even today we soldiers still feel that sense of incompletion. I write this to remind myself that is ok to feel incomplete as the only real problem most have is we do this alone, I enjoy not being alone and in my thoughts and words I am more complete than I was yesterday. I have never had a chance to heal as I was always alone in thought. These are good days albeit reliving our past is up-routing evil that most want to hide, I will hide nothing as that is what the evil is, absolutely nothing. Thanks george i am glad you read this make my day brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:14

Hy Robbie, was filling a little slow this morning starting with the useul sore neck and streching some parts that need dayley attention....
So as usual I did my meds, eat and now doing my dayly paper work. Then I come here for the last stuff. Robbie you sent me back some 15 years!!! Felt your pain go throught me this morning. To bad we can share this feeling with every body in canada all at once. I would ad one thing to you great post. After are fisrt tour, wy did we all aske for more????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 08:27

my bad meant Hotel with Chipper and Ronnie Furlotte and yup we took a spot south in Tetovo ole police station but I don't recall you guys being there

Last edited by RobbieRoyal on Wed 04 Mar 2015, 09:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next