Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

+20
prawnstar
pinger
johnny211
RCN-Retired
loggie
OldZipperhead
tinybubbles
Jeffery M
Recon031
ghillie
Dove96
DeeCee
rucksack031
Rifleman
meathead
sailor964
Rags
Sapper Zodiak
Teentitan
bigrex
24 posters

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS - Page 27 Empty Re: MORNING THERAPY FOR VETERANS

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 13:22

I just noticed that Mr.Mauge is running his mouth yet again on Facebook about some of the posts on this site. It is laughable that he blocks any dissent on his site, and will not post on here. Making a complete fool of himself and showing his true colours. He has the nerve to talk about heroes. Please. I guess only sheep fall into his version of heroism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 11:07

I agree, the day they imposed the gag order, is the day the class got shut out of the Law suit. I am some what satisfied with the final verdict, however, I think that if the gag order had not been imposed, it would have ease a lot of members minds, and would have open the door to more individuals being able to add their perspectives towards the class action as it progressed. Thank god for CSAT, this is where I got most of my info throughout the ordeal, that help to ease my mind, many times throughout the process. Thanks to all the members of CSAT for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:42

whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhha roger that, I like you Mr. Hurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:40

Your singin the choir brother. I have found myself on the wrong side of Mr. Manuge, for voicing concerns. The only thing I can say is I am glad it is almost over, I have lost some respect for some members of the class and the way they blindly follow Mr.Manuge and the lawyers. At some point he became a tool used by the lawyers to pat us on the head and shut us up. In any event he has to live his live, along with his followers. I will go about my life business as usual. No regrets, move on as always.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:34

There should have been NO GAG order period that is why we become numbers and not 7500 individual voices. We collectively had a 24 hour period where we could voice our concerns. We should have had 87,000 hours to interact with the legal team and elected veterans to assist and inform the class as a whole along side of our Lead Plaintiff. this was a one man show so in reality it was far from a class action as it was more of a follow on exercise where you as an individual just rode the pony and picked up the crap after it was all said and done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:31

Bang on. I agree 100%. Politicians react to pressure from large numbers, individuals mean very little to bureaucrats and MP's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:27

none taken my brother, and your right huge amount of pressure on these entities when the client list is huge. I believe more would have been accomplished if the public had been fully informed and a campaign (not a smear) initiated against the GOC that would have allowed the public access into the illegal actions against veterans and other federal groups that used these Insurance Policies. Knowledge is paramount in all social aspects of the employment world, signing a policy that is law under the QR&O's and CFAO's is one thing but ensuring that the policy is mandated under signature alone is another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:09

I should have used the term class members I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:07

I meant no offense. Just stating the lousy realities of trying to sue large, powerful entities. Class actions are usually the only successful way, because there is strength in numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 10:01

deleted

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon 06 May 2013, 12:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 09:57

Good morning Mr.Hurl, I do not wish to squash your comment because there is validity in the statement it's self but I will add that this could have been settled out of court as early as 2010 and our lead plaintiff would have benefitted greatly, however it was the law firm of MC that decided to direct our lead plaintiff into making his law suit a class action, absolutely correct it was about the numbers and a huge financial windfall for MC. Bottom line however is that it is all but over and I am great-full that I will receive what is mine and what was stolen from me by more than just the government of this country. My fellow veterans here on CSAT have been treated in a gross and unprofessional manner by all parties involved, from the GOC, Manuge and MC but through a foundation built on trust, respect and equality we all will continue to assist each other long after this class action is over. I do not like the term numbers or bodies as we are all individuals with a story to tell and hopefully never have to live again, I respect your views Mr. Hurl but what would you have done differently in regards to the suit as a whole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 08:45

The only way the case had any chance was as a class action. Lawyers would not have even touched this if it were not for the number of plaintiffs and cash available. But I think most of the members are unable to compute this. I have tried to explain to some, to no avail. We won this case, simply because of our numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 May 2013, 07:53

You Just Gotta Laugh
When we all sat around the canteen regardless of rank we all engaged in “Rumor Control” hey why not it was simple, harmless and never once did any of it come into fruition. It was a place to incite either pure hatred for your officers or superiors and at times a place to hack on your buddies, I am more than inclined to go with the latter and when it all ended you went back to work feeling good to pull one over. Well today is no different my fellow Warriors, as today like yesterday we based all our “abilities to start a rumor” on factual characters and information. You all remember the huge deployments to Wainwright well this is the same thing as a court order or a signed agreement difference being we are only concerned with a few words here and there and anything in between is, well for the “Officers”. We knew the dates and roughly we had an idea as to what our units would be doing. Well today we have a start date and an end date, sure a few timings in the middle of the training plan are missing but we know within the “Time Window” something will happen that effects each and every one of us. So what I am trying to say is nothing has changed from the days in the canteen so start a rumor and laugh your ass off but don’t be shocked when your day comes just keep on hacking on someone.
My rumor is that when we get our “Field Pay” the Navy will have to find eighty canoes, paint them Gold Blue and Black and learn the words to “Black Bear” before getting paid. Seriously
You Just Gotta Laugh Troops

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 10:58

Very well said..Robbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 May 2013, 09:05

When You Help Yourself
I live next door to Vic, he is a normal guy works 8 to 4 and has been at the same job for over 30 years. He always comments on how it must have been cool to have been a soldier, travel the world see places and things that normal people do not ever see. I finally broke the normal chit chat the other day when Vic asked me if I had some old combats or military gear he could have for when he goes hunting.
I said, “ Vic, you know how life works and how you ask me all the time how life was in the military well I finally have an answer for you.” “You see Vic you have what every military guy wants and yet you ask about what you do not have, I would not trade the life of a soldier for what others fail to see as normal but I ask myself all the time what is normal.”
“I loved the morning parades dressed in a sea of maroon and running through the camp at 0630 rain sleet, snow or a blazing heat wave, hell I loved the deployments and the tireless 40 hours per day.” “I loved challenging myself physically and mentally, knowing when to duck, knowing when to weave, knowing when to stand my ground and knowing when to leave.” “It is about the guy in front of you or beside you and behind you Vic it is not about the tours, the blood, the sweat, the dark little corner you seek to get away from it all, nope it is about camaraderie it is about a sea of military testosterone made for one with that Red and White Maple Leaf on my shoulder.”
“Now you Vic have what I have not been able to have and hopefully you can understand what I am going to point out to you. You have a wife and she gets you, my wonderful wife knows my every moment including the darkest moments within a life. I often feel great shame in putting her through my chosen career I often wish she didn’t know me. You have never been divorced while most everyone I know from my military environment has been divorced at least once. Your children do not run from you and for the most part they have had the same friends since early childhood. Mine run from me because they only know me when I am home and usually that is for about 2months out of the year and they have had to adjust to every social environment that I dragged them into. Your children call you daddy mine call me “You can’t tell me what to do”. You have never fixed anything because everything you own is under warranty, you can be late for work and they take away a couple of bucks here and there. I was never late for my work because the Country I swore to protect never slept and if I slept then someone died.”
“Seems harsh Vic but the real reality of soldiering is when you stand in front of a man such as yourself and tell him, “It would have been cool being you, but as life would have it I am me and I can only be me through people like you”.
The moral of this story troops, You will always be ONE so when the “Front Gate” closes behind you find your way through life as a veteran and befriend a guy like Vic after all inside every civilian is a little ‘Airborne Trooper” at heart. Final note, “Tough guys will always retain their legacy, but it will not tarnish your soul if you ask for help, so drop the tough guy act I won’t judge you in fact I will help you”
VETS HELPING VETS, thanks VIC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 29 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next