Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Will Be In Your Package from MC

+4
meathead
K9
Wife of a Veteran
Teentitan
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What Will Be In Your Package from MC - Page 2 Empty Re: What Will Be In Your Package from MC

Post by sailor964 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 18:24

I agree my son has been accepted to Mount Allison, so the question is who do we apply for the scholarship to. Is there an online form. My son got his acceptance letter the other day.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

What Will Be In Your Package from MC - Page 2 Empty Re: What Will Be In Your Package from MC

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 18:24

Well Robbie the Judge has sign the final order, so you should be good to apply anytime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 18:03

when can we apply for our $1,300.00 as my daughter just got accepted into university and since we have an agreement i would like that for my wonderful brain-ee-ack

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 14:12

I have to stay in one place for 6 months?

The Hamster King will track me down and kill me. This is not good.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:57

Speaking with a carrier service this is what I was told, if you are not home when your retro cheque arrives, the carrier will leave a sticky on your door, telling you that they will be back at a certain time either that day, or the next, you than can call the carrier coy to find out where there depot is, and than can have them contact the driver to have them drop it off at the depot for you to pick up.Or you can wait at home for the timeline that the driver will be back as per info left on your door. The carrier will attempt to make contact with you three times. I also asked about photo ID upon delivery , they confirmed what MC as sated in this regard, it would delay big time the delivery of our retro. What I will do , once members confirm here on CSAT that they are receiving their retro, I will stay home during this timeline and hope for a knock on the door.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:16

LOL too true, I've been in isolation for near 7 years waiting for resolution. The next six months are going to be the death of some of us. I wish SISIP could give us a generic time line. It would save alot of anxiety and stress.

Back to top Go down

Post by meathead Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:12

Locked up
From the info I have put together from CSAT this is how I see the next six months:
First week of each month SISIP sends funds and paperwork over to MC.
Second week of each month MC has funds and adds more papers to the package.
Till end of each month, I have to go into lockdown mode waiting for a possible delivery. That must be signed for, thus sealing me into the house for SIX months, until I receive and sign for my funds. Anyone else see a problem with this
there needs to be some form of heads up given to each member, As MC and SISIP are not talking to the class, those of us with mental health issues will be totally F*&ked-up until all is resolved.

meathead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 18:38

ducked yes it's 3.27%. A typo that got past both Peter and I.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 17:54

Spedhill, Will's is right on, the only thing that could have happened is if Sisip sent more to the GOC then what they should then Revenu Canada would keep some but at 20 percent it won't be the case!
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 17:53

Thanks for the help Will's and Teen, I'll do some more looking into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 17:37

Teentitan:Tax gross up is only 3.27% isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 17:13

Spedhill....I think I can help. I went bankrupt in 2006 and i queried MC regarding any funds going directly to trustee. The answer i recd from MC, my own lawyer and my sister who is a lawyer was all the same. Neither MC nor SISIP can legally forward any funds to trustees (or Student Loan departments etc). unless these people or agencies make an appearance in court and solicit such payments from the judge which never happened. Hopefully you are in the clear. Recommend bouncing this question to MC and see if you get a response. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 16:23

Good question for Manulife. They know the inner workings of claiming money owed so start there. If they can't answer try Service Canada
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 15:49

Wondering if anyone can answer this question for me. I owe an old student loan from back in the eighties and still owe them money. Every year that I have filed my taxes if there's a refund they take it. Will they be able to take what was clawed back from me to put towards that debt? I've looked in the Income Tax act and the Student Loan act but can't find anything. I've talked to them and because I have a permanent disability I can ask for the loan to be forgiven. I just found this out. However I'm not sure the paperwork will be done in time.
I guess my concern is that the clawback money would sure help my family out, but if they take it then it'll just be another kick to the junk and I've had just about enough of that. Hope someone might be able to steer me in the right direction

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:15

Thank You,
Thank You and
Thank You again

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next