Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR " FINAL PAYOUT "

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR  " FINAL PAYOUT "  Empty Re: IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR " FINAL PAYOUT "

Post by 1993firebird Thu 25 Apr 2013, 21:54

A little bird told sparrow.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR  " FINAL PAYOUT "  Empty Re: IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR " FINAL PAYOUT "

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 21:15

Teen, you are correct. In order for ANY funds to be directed straight to a third party that 3rd party was required to attend court and obtain permission from the judge to be paid. This never happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 19:29

Sparoow where is the literature to back up your statement about money owed? The only money SISIP can withhold is money owed to them and them only. SISIP is not a collection agency for another government department. That is what taxes are for. So until you produce the proof in writing I have to say your statement is false.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 18:42

Sparoow wrote:Manulife decided the most fair way of doing the processing was to randomly select files in no order to proceed with their task of completing the retro calculations by 15 Oct 2013. If you owe the GOC any money past due, manulife has been given direction to withhold said amounts and forward them back to the GOC . Make sure you check , hope this helps.

Well done "Sparoow" ~ you even write like me ~ "hope this helps!" ~ well Sparrow definitely does not approve this message by "Sparoow" ~ I can't promise that I don't give you a piece of your own bird medicine very soon....
IT'S CRUNCH TIME , & IT TRULY IS A LOTTERY DRAW AT THIS POINT , 7500 NAMES IN THE BARREL TO BE RANDOMLY DRAWN @ MANULIFE FOR PROCESSING , THEN SENT TO PETER DRISCOLL FOR  " FINAL PAYOUT "  14

Last edited by Sparrow1andOnly on Thu 25 Apr 2013, 20:44; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 18:09

Oh look it's sparoow - - - wait a minute it's banjo - - - wait a minute it's sparoow and banjo - - - Laughing out very Loud !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 17:56

Manulife decided the most fair way of doing the processing was to randomly select files in no order to proceed with their task of completing the retro calculations by 15 Oct 2013. If you owe the GOC any money past due, manulife has been given direction to withhold said amounts and forward them back to the GOC . Make sure you check , hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 17:21

sounds good teen maybe the dollar will come back up in value before we get our CHQ's so we can do some cross border shopping and or open a US account to play the buy and sell money game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Apr 2013, 16:26

Interest is only on retro and it will be the total for the year or partial year.

SISIP is not doing a lottery for doing claims. They just do the next person that is put in front of them.

The lottery scenario is this...Those of us who are getting a retro we are 100% guaranteed a lottery like win in the next 6 months. So it will be like checking your ticket once a month! If you don't get it then you wait till next month. And your number will be done by October!

I know this is a stressful time and everyone needs the money to pay bills and mortgages. You may feel you are more important then the other guy who got their check. We are all at the mercy of a random act that your claim is in front of a Manulife worker to do your file. But please try not to let it consume you. You are going to get it.

If your not home when the courier shows up don't panic just call the number on the sticker they leave to either confirm a delivery or you jump in your car and go get it at the depot/office.

Don't let this push your trigger. Enjoy the weather, your walks, the hockey and basketball playoffs.

Hey my Toronto Maple Leafs are in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. That's longer then the whole SISIP lawsuit!! I invented a drink for this special occasion...the Blue Leaf! Lots of ice, blueberry vodka with blue caraco. Think Black Russian but it's blue. I am going to put my Leaf jersey on (first time in 9 years) after I dust the sucker off...pour a Blue Leaf...watch the game and wait for the icon Don Cherry.

Long ramble but it's all about relaxing and not worrying because my SISIP Lottery File is going to be a winner by October!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 15:49

Hi guys does anyone know how the 5% interest will be calculated .. IE monthly yearly etc and is this on retro money before last MAy etc.. Example I get a retro amount from 2009to last MAy and then received my sisup increase per month since then regular checks. Confused sorry!!!! But will I receive the 5% on total retro once or 5% in 2012 and again 2013 or what....Thanks if anyone can help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 13:45

I have bills that I would like to pay asap. The way I see it, is that I waited this long , 6 months will not cause me any more stress, I am just so grateful that we are at this stage, so 6 months I can definitely live with. I think it's important to try and stay positive, after all this retro will improve so many of our lives. Time to have a little patience, and stay positive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 13:35

If manulife is doing a lottery draw then they are not acting in our best interest. It is Bullshit to expect to further cause unnecessary anxiety onto us Vets. Can you imagine the stress involved in NOT knowing when the cheque will come in on top of all the delays and non-information we have already been put through? This is Crap.

There should not be a lottery if anything there should be a list of when each and everyone of us is going to receive their cheque. Then we will know when we are going to get it and plan accordingly. I would rather know if I am going to be paid on the sixth month than having the mountain of stress expecting for five months to get paid. The wait is killing me.

If they do the lottery it will be considered undue hardship and unusual punishment. We don't need that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 25 Apr 2013, 13:13

I imagine it's more like a dart board with all the years on it and they throw darts to see what years are going to get processed each week.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next