Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Veterans Identification Card

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

National Veterans Identification Card Empty Re: National Veterans Identification Card

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2019, 06:01

red510 wrote:Received my card in the mail today. It actually seems pretty good. Much better than the CF1 Card!

Good to hear.

Back to top Go down

National Veterans Identification Card Empty Re: National Veterans Identification Card

Post by red510 Tue 05 Feb 2019, 02:41

Received my card in the mail today. It actually seems pretty good. Much better than the CF1 Card!

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2018, 18:41

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/news/2018/12/recently-released-canadian-armed-forces-members-can-now-request-the-new-veterans-service-card.html

News release
December 3, 2018 – Ottawa – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces / Veterans Affairs Canada

The Government of Canada recognizes the service of our women and men in uniform and our veterans.

Veterans who released from the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) between February 2016 and September 2018 can now request the Veteran’s Service Card at the following website. Approximately 26,000 honorably released Veterans are now eligible during the second stage of the distribution.  

The Veteran’s Service Card provides a tangible symbol of recognition for former military members and encourages an enduring affiliation with the CAF. The Veteran’s Service Card is for former and releasing CAF members who have completed basic training and have been honourably released. The previous NDI75 was only available to Veterans who served more than 10 years in the CAF.

The Veteran’s Service Card is being distributed in three stages. The first stage began in September 2018. All newly releasing Canadian Armed Forces members now receivetheir card upon release.

Another estimated 450,000, who have honourably released prior to February 2016, will be able to request their Veteran’s Service Card during stage three, in summer 2019. This staged approach allows the Department of National Defence and Veterans Affairs Canada to ensure that the necessary resources are in place to verify, produce, and distribute the Veteran’s Service Cards.

Apply here: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/transition/service-card.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 11 Sep 2018, 08:04

Extracted from Facebook
Credit to,
Sylvain M C.
NEW Veteran’s Service Card (VSC) / nouvelle carte de service des anciens combattants.
Today we will get briefed on the Veteran Service card. I will keep you up to date on the details.
Demain je vais participer a une seance d’information sur la nouvelle carte de service. Je vous tiens au courant des detail.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Fri 06 Mar 2015, 02:05

Thanks Teen, will see about this.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 14:32

Right on, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 04 Mar 2015, 14:30

Yes if you had 10 or more years service.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 14:27

I have a question here with regards to the NDI 75 - is this the same ID card that is given upon release ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 04 Mar 2015, 10:19

RCN contact your nearest Legion Service Officer.  I believe they have forms for renew/replace the NDI 75. If they don't try the Pension Office.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Wed 04 Mar 2015, 02:45

Yes, I have this card but the info on the front is fast wearing off, I cannot for the flipping life of me figure out why we cannot buy these damn things.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 19:24

Talked to the OVO today and as of right now this issue is still on the OVO agenda but low on the agenda.

There will probably be some serious movement as the DND is going to stop issuing NDI75's in the near future.

One thing the OVO will push for is a VET ID Card for ALL departing CF members. Those with less then 10 years service do not get a retirement card.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Mar 2015, 11:34

Teen,

I have one of those ID cards that was given to me upon release, mine is a CF-75 it has the rank - time - Regular Force - service number, and it is a picture ID.

The picture on the ID is not from when I was released - they took the picture from my file that was taken when I first joined the service from that ID card.

I have also used it in the US with no problems, I have used this card for years both for being a Veteran with respect to discounts, and used it for government rates when booking for Motels - never once did I have any problems with this card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:06

RCN don't you have a ND-75? That is a pictured ID card with time and rank on it. I've used it in the States before.

If you need one call the Pension Office at 1-800-267-0350

But I will find out about the Ombudsman's suggestion.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RCN-Retired Tue 03 Mar 2015, 05:27

I am curious to why the Ombudsman cannot make this one pretty flipping simple a reality. I just returned from an extended holiday in the US and boy did I wish I had an ID card that identified me as a retired member of the CAF. The discounts we are entitled to is unreal. Probably cost in total an extra $1,000 USD because did not have a picture ID that indicated I was a retired veteran. Cannot understand other countries provide an ID card to their retired veterans, what is it that Canada cannot do? The Ombudsman Office needs to get this recommendation they made several years ago dusted off and have us given a flipping picture ID card that indicates we are retired from regular service. More money this costs us.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum