Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New CFOne Card available for veterans

+2
pinger
Dannypaj
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans Empty Whatever happened to the ID card?

Post by RCN-Retired Thu 26 May 2016, 01:42

Here here, I most probably know AC and WJ give free luggage checkin for military, well I got my new shiny CF/One card in the mail not to long ago. Last week I had to fly to Vancouver for a meeting and when asked by the AC agent for proof of service to check in my one bag for free I pulled out that CF/One card handed it to the agent to which he asked what it was. I told him that was proof I served, he asked about picture ID which confirmed me as a retired CF member to which I had none. Great piece of plastic just no damn good as a veteran ID card.
RCN-Retired
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by bigrex Wed 25 May 2016, 20:22

That is still happening. They have already started replacing the NDI75 with the CFone cards, when members with no information on it other than the Veterans name. The old cards had your Picture, your name, whether or not you had the CD, rank and even what years you served. It wouldn't even be as bad if you could collect air miles with the new card, because right now it is completely useless and a waste of money.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2016, 19:24

Whatever happened to the ID card?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 09:56

also read this and look at the offers
https://www.afvclub.ca/premium-membership

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 09:52

all this talk about the utter uselessness and reinventing the wheel in my opinion just troops not understanding or using this CF1 card to its fullest. I do travel and mostly in the states and I gotta tell ya going from paying full rates in Orlando at a time share hotel to paying just 12% for 10 days is awesome, 569USD per night to 102 per night USD for 10 days awesome. I went in a Welcome center as I suggest you should and received even more discounts using my CF1 card. I used the card after I booked a day trip to The Kennedy Space Center and received 50% off the door price, in case your wondering that was over a 100 bucks US, please just look into a great effort the CF has actually given back to us, over all I flashed my Card and I know I saved over 2900 USD bucks in total. In Canada I cant eat that much Micky D's sorry troops lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 08:58

ya bigrex I get that but on the one in a billion chance they are even considering this legislation and you have read it you know its only the ELB in it . YES he would have to be involved at some point but that's more of a do this thing . not a pile of legislative work on the SISIP thing involved in it at all.

just a policy change that's it and just a number that's all.

I imagine as the MND keeps saying how complicated this is and how long this will take their is no way in heck they will even consider this so no need to get him involved at all .

even if they were no need to get him involved at this time .

having said all of that your explanation is certainly the most logical explanation I can see at this time.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 04 Mar 2016, 08:45

The only reason I could see for forwarding to MND, is because of SISIP. It is the only benefit for Veterans that falls under his control, so if they plan of increasing it, to keep in in line with the ELB, the MND would have to be involved at some point.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2016, 07:36

yup kinda sucks danny we should have hared something by feb 1st .that's when I started righting letters to anyone I could think of in regards to legislation I had written that would sort out the buyout and ELB thing immediately .

the one to the PM went out on the first as he was one of those on the top of my list . got an automated response right away but interestingly enough I got another more considerate but pass the buck response two days ago about the same message .

the interesting thing is WHO they were passing the buck to ;

"I have taken the liberty of forwarding copies of your message to the Honourable Harjit Singh Sajjan, Minister of National Defence, and the Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence"

why Sajjan ?? I get hehr but not Sajjan.

thing is they gotta stop with the regular political or pass the buck answers to the questions put to them .

just tell us in plain English are ya gonna help us or frack us and lay out the details .

I don't think its to much to ask .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 04 Mar 2016, 06:06

2003, medically released and abandoned by DND until 2011.  
Thank you for the two years SISIP (2003-2005)! Thank you for the ELB (2012- current), but DO YOU NOT HEAR THE VETERAN'S OMBUDSMAN!  I am injured due to the Forces and I suffered financially.
Seven years as a commissionaire at minimum wage or a little more while I awaited appeals upon appeals.

Really think about it if you are injured because you will be (due to the nature of the business):
1.mocked behind your back
2 used for minuscule jobs
3. never see a promotion
4. live in financial uncertainty
5. be considered a defendant in appeal cases
6 No joke! Mental disorders and Physical pain the rest of your life, it sucks.

PA/ Lump sum, no word on that.
ELB Increase, no word on that.
4 years schooling, no word on that.

(PIA) Career progression comes to mind when I think clearly about it.
The other day I read that a fellow sailor I sailed with when he was a Leading Seaman is now a Chief Petty Officer ( And he was a slacker and blade!)

Dannypaj's career cut short, rank progression is (nil), respect and dignity (nil) and tumbles downward from there.
When you were inspiring to have a long career in the Forces, it is a hard pill to swallow when you are being screwed around (which is what it feels like).  
Veterans Affairs Canada, Mr. Hehr, Mr. Trudeau.  Promises made promises kept.

The kicker is when VAC is the gauntlet that controls your  financial well being after release.  
I wake up every morning hoping for some good news.

Benefit of the doubt! That is all I ask in all my appeals.
Holy frickty frack I hope they get on track.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:34

You didn't miss much rags them damn flake board things wouldnt break any way should have lit them on fire out front of main gate. "Today" lmao i tthink your still a soldier soldier. Are you still living in the pmq. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Thu 03 Mar 2016, 19:03

Wildthing......they never gave me any plaques either so nothing to through. My Regiment never sent me shit and nor did the minister CDS or anyone. I waked and was never heard from again ha ha. They didnt even send me my pension. took about 5 months till they called me. Said I had to clear before they paid me.....told them to keep it. there boss called me later that month to find a way to settle this.....I said send me the money its that simple. They did that next month. Morons.

Pinger I was Army but dropped off at the Stad door step for safe keeping. I walked in fall 03. It was one of the funnier moments in my military life to look at the Admin clerks face when he said so whats the date of your release.....I said "Today". He could not believe it kept reading the release letter.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 03 Mar 2016, 12:39

Holy cow Rags. You sound like what I did. Waved bye bye a long time ago out of admin stad.
I did it in 83, when did you walk away?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Mar 2016, 23:04

lmao@ Rags you missed throwing the plakes out the car window. never got any card when i left, the guy at the pay office clearing at the same time did. he was fit supplementary reserve. I was to fkd up for that card they said. Maybe i was to blunt and they hatted me. lol fk em!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Mar 2016, 20:41

might be a good idea buds BTW im willing to bet dollars to donuts that pic at the MP section was the one for your card .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 02 Mar 2016, 20:37

I never got a CF 75 card. Never got a thing from CF on my release. I just walked away from the CF. Turned in my kit to get it off my card the day I was released walked over to Admin section handed in my release letter and said bye. They handed me a clear out card I laughed said all needed was a full tank of gas and clean rear view mirror so I could watch the CF fade away as I drove off. I walked over to MP section had photo taken had to sign out of STAD with them due to parking went to MIR/Dental signed something and went back to admin section MWO wanted to know why I did not come clear 6 months earlier. I suggested that they were releasing me I was not getting released it was up to them to do all the run around not me. Had I requested a voluntary release guess I may have to run for them but as it was they wanted me out so they need to run for me. Admin said I cant release in a day! I said I just did walked out. That was it. No CF ID still dont have one 13 years later and never cleared out.
Maybe I should get one of these new cards so it looks like I served. I use my VAC card when I need a military ID.
Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next