Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I the only one who noticed this? Empty Re: Am I the only one who noticed this?

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 16:39

: I guess we are including the senate ie Duffy:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who noticed this? Empty Re: Am I the only one who noticed this?

Post by bigrex Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:01

One other thing though. Since these additional 1500 vets popped up, how does that affect the budget? I know the funds to pay the agreed upon 880 Million was just in the budget that just passed, but if these 1500 were all found in the paper files, that means they're all owed decades of benefits. This could add another hundred or 2 million just to the retro portion of the settlement. Is that extra funds going to have to be approved in parliament before being paid out?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 17:03

If the number of class members keeps extrapolateing like it is, this class action will superceed that of tainted blood and SISIP will make history as THE largest settlement!! B proud VERY proud of the efforts we ALL have made, hey that and 5% penalty whoooooo hookooooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 12:00

Bigrex note taken ...Ty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:59

teentitan wrote:Rex when Peter said 9000 I interrupted him with a "How Many!?"  He said it twice 9000.

Guess the vault with all the paper clients not on the SISIP computer system was holding more then originally thought.

Stonetemple just to let you know quite a few CSAT members find information and post it for everyone.  They all have their own reliable contacts and get info I never even thought of.  This truly is a community of vets who help each other and those who drop by as a guest to read the posts.

Thanks for you words ...It just that I saw people getting upset and discouraged and so often you had to interject and resolve or get answers. Much that is written here shouldn't be lost . I think copy/paste and forwarded to the proper experts/reporters would lead to quicker resolutions. I am often blown away by the well written/somewhat knowledgeable/ opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:56

Stonetemple, trust me, I have tried getting answers in the past and now I think all my emails go straight to the trash bin. Everyone knows here that I was highly critical of the lawyers during the negotiation process and their handling of it, as well as over the legal fees, and now I pay the price.

So now, my only hope is to post these hard hitting questions, get a lively debate going, maybe add in a little innuendo here and there by certain members, and quite often it doesn't take that long for Peter or Dan to read the posts as a guest, get an little annoyed with any and all perceived inaccuracies, and send Teen an email such as the one he received the other day. It may not be as swift as getting the info straight from Peter, but it does get the job done sometimes. For Peter, Dan and Kristine, nothing personal, but these are the tactics we have resorted to, because there hasn't been regular updates from you guys. Such as we would never had learned that the class had grown by 1500 in the last few months, if not for us getting pissed off over the low level of completed files, and people posting inaccurate info here and on FB. We would not have also learned that they have been doing files by hand, which is the slowest and most error rich way of doing things. Even the smartest individual cannot compare to a proven computer program, when it comes to speed and accuracy, so doing it by hand seems counter intuitive to getting these done properly.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:31

Rex when Peter said 9000 I interrupted him with a "How Many!?" He said it twice 9000.

Guess the vault with all the paper clients not on the SISIP computer system was holding more then originally thought.

Stonetemple just to let you know quite a few CSAT members find information and post it for everyone. They all have their own reliable contacts and get info I never even thought of. This truly is a community of vets who help each other and those who drop by as a guest to read the posts.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who noticed this? Empty My Humble Overview-Why wait until everyone is overwhelmed and frustrated?

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 09:05

I am glad you all post great questions here. I would greatly support each time you post here you email Peter etc and then post their answers. Nothing worst than positive comments and questions without following through,without sending them to people who can answer.
I see it time and time again great questions, great essays not being answered until Teentitan calms the masses by asking the experts. Maybe Bigrex, RR,(Rags,ZeroSum) and many others should follow Teens example ask the people in the know and then post here.

MC WILL ANSWER ALL EMAILS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:45

lol well im not sure about every month but they sure did increase as the case was coming to a head and also post decision when it was more prominent in the media. im guessing awareness amongst the vet community played a large factor in those increases. but yes widow it seems to go up on a regular basis.im guessing since sisip had over 30 years to screw over people from the biggest employer in the country the numbers should still be higher.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:33

I think you are right. I have seen those figures too. It is odd that it jumps by 1500 every time. Seems to jump every month.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:29

well thinking about this again and its probably my memory playing tricks with me. were the last two jumps from 4500- 6000 and 6000-7500 both increases of 1500????not concerned mind you but kinda find it a little odd. then again my memory could be way off.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:16

widow I read every post on here so I have read all of your as well. I know you at least as a poster here to be a kind caring person so I understand your post was out of a truly legitimate concern that I very much understand and for no other reason.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:09

Yes, I agree propat. I didn't mean it in a bad way at all.
It is a victory.....some have suffered long anough.

As I re-read my post......it don't sound right but I really didn't mean any wrong by it.

Maybe I should be writing in French so to maybe express it better.
My heart is too big to think negative about any Veterans in this battle.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:03

widow yes I agree they very much do and I hope they find and pay everyone that they stole from all of these years.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jul 2013, 08:00

wife of vet I do understand your concerns and do hope the new files are processed last as that would be only fair but every new vet that finds some degree of justice I think is a victory.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next