Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application

2 posters

Go down

Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application Empty Re: Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application

Post by Unknown Soldier Mon 24 Aug 2020, 18:02

Unknown Soldier wrote:
johnny211 wrote:Unknown Soldier - I got the AA about 2 yrs ago. I was 100% at the time. Applied on my Vac  account. Then a couple wks later got a call that a in home nursing assessment would be done. A VAC contracted nurse came about a week later. The appt lasted about 3 hours. Her form was about 10 pages long. She will go over yr complete past and present medical and mental history. Meds, family history, gets you to walk, go upstairs, in and out of shower, bed.
  I think I got a decision back in about 2 wks. At the time it was done by a CM, in our district office. I got the nursing assessment by ATIP, after. If you want to know more pm me. Sorry I do not know the answer to yr ?, but the assessment is quite in-depth. VVV...
thanks, perhaps l will but l also noticed according to the VAC site, modified mid Feb. in big bold black letters it now states
“ In determining the Grade of AA, activities such as housekeeping, preparing meals, shopping/errands, laundry, grounds keeping, repair and maintenance, using transportation or driving, using the telephone, managing money and social or recreational activities, are not taken into consideration.“
A lot of these activities are influenced by poor ability in the ADLs, doesn’t really make sense to me.?
anyone been approved for this lately..?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application Empty Re: Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 20 May 2020, 09:04

johnny211 wrote:Unknown Soldier - I got the AA about 2 yrs ago. I was 100% at the time. Applied on my Vac  account. Then a couple wks later got a call that a in home nursing assessment would be done. A VAC contracted nurse came about a week later. The appt lasted about 3 hours. Her form was about 10 pages long. She will go over yr complete past and present medical and mental history. Meds, family history, gets you to walk, go upstairs, in and out of shower, bed.
  I think I got a decision back in about 2 wks. At the time it was done by a CM, in our district office. I got the nursing assessment by ATIP, after. If you want to know more pm me. Sorry I do not know the answer to yr ?, but the assessment is quite in-depth. VVV...
thanks, perhaps l will but l also noticed according to the VAC site, modified mid Feb. in big bold black letters it now states
“ In determining the Grade of AA, activities such as housekeeping, preparing meals, shopping/errands, laundry, grounds keeping, repair and maintenance, using transportation or driving, using the telephone, managing money and social or recreational activities, are not taken into consideration.“
A lot of these activities are influenced by poor ability in the ADLs, doesn’t really make sense to me.?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Wed 20 May 2020, 06:46

Unknown Soldier - I got the AA about 2 yrs ago. I was 100% at the time. Applied on my Vac account. Then a couple wks later got a call that a in home nursing assessment would be done. A VAC contracted nurse came about a week later. The appt lasted about 3 hours. Her form was about 10 pages long. She will go over yr complete past and present medical and mental history. Meds, family history, gets you to walk, go upstairs, in and out of shower, bed.
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application Empty Has anyone else noticed on the Attendance Allowance application

Post by Unknown Soldier Tue 19 May 2020, 19:57

It says the veteran must be at 100% disability and need assistance in any one of the 6 Activities of Daily Living. But under Chapter 19 Impairment of ADLs, VAC lists the 6, hygiene,dressing,eating,mobility,locomotion,bowel...but they also list Chronic Pain. If a Veteran suffers from Chronic pain, and is at 100% disability, shouldn’t he be allowed to apply for AA..?
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down