Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase in SISIP deposit.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Increase in SISIP deposit. Empty Re: Increase in SISIP deposit.

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 15:22

Dude...the monthly deposit was in last week!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 13:34

is the monthly deposit in now?

Back to top Go down

Post by 321HTRCN Tue 24 Sep 2013, 12:52

My Sisip LTD was also more then normal and when I called they said it was because my pay back for a CPPD overpayment had been settled due to my classaction lawsuit and my refund was coming.

321HTRCN
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 14:04

Food for thought Teen...perhaps I may be conversing with some legal eagles in early 2014 in that regard.

Understandably, what you mentioned as per Justice Barnes reasoning why the SISIP issue was illegal...the truth is though, it never needed to happen. Perhaps a case-by-case legal issue may come about, depending upon the severity of one's basis for wanting damages...but with that said, it wouldn't be entirely fair for everyone. Obviously, some have suffered far worse than others...some may have not suffered at all...I guess it would be up to the individual's lawyers to determine if it should be a class-action vice an individual claim. Still though, getting anything back is better than nothing, even if it only amounts to the taxes that have been taken off the retro. Perhaps this is something we can all take up in further chatter once we've all been paid...and this way maybe we can also get Sapper to foot the legal bills. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 13:00

A VAC PA or Lump Sum that is tax free is the pain and suffering payment.

I know it's a potato pohtatoh situation but that is what the whole lawsuit was about. Is it legal to subtract a tax free pain and suffering payment from Long Term Disability payment?

Justice Barnes said NO it's not legal. So IMO as much as it would be great to get damages I really can't see it happening unless someone picks up the torch and files another lawsuit against the GoC for what they did to veterans since 1976.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:38

Thinking about the pain and suffering issue and that we did not get any award for damages...perhaps by Justice Barnes decision in stating that this is an income loss issue...that might have left the door open for further litigation. Sure, we will all be compensated for the clawback, ( I really hate that word)...but nothing for what we all had to go through up to this point, especially since what was done was illegal to begin with. Something to look into.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:54

Lolly the court decision by Justice Barnes is the answer you are looking for. It can be found on the General Info bulletin board, on the main site, or on leavenovetbehind.ca
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 02:33

I remember seeing somewhere either from Justice Barnes decision or M.C. notes that pain and suffering awards were not considered income under current federal law but I am having trouble locating the information. Wondering if someone knows where it is and if so can you send me the link to its location.Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Thu 19 Sep 2013, 22:22

Sparrow, nice new picture, to go along with all the wonderful fast information you are able to get and pass on.
May you get into your new home soon.
Thank You

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 21:30

This CPPD thing is really weird because I never applied until SSIP reinstated me in July of 2012 and they suggested it to fold s it will ensure that I followed LTD protocol in that I sought out CPPD due to being on LTD and it will be a smooth transition when I hit 65, how ever while following the CPPD process I was advised that I could and will be seeking a time frame from release (2003) up to current taxation year. I also filled out the Child Rearing Pension Portion from 2003 to 2010 the year my boy turned 7. Seems different standards are in pay here, anyone in the same boat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:47

LOL...soon enough Miss Birdypenny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:27

Looking like a sitcom show Disaster DIY lol....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 20:00

YW birdy...how's your new cage coming along? Think Sapper can help by hiring around the clock shifts of construction teams?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 17:13

Thank you so much. It isn't for me but for someone dear to me. Thank you zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Sep 2013, 16:32

As long as you've never applied, you could probably do so now retro-actively. It used to be that way, but the rules always change. I do believe though if you have a justifiable reason for not applying at that time, you might be able to get the full retro. Since we all basically received either SISIP or ELB, VAC and/or CFSA...some people just don't bother applying for it. Kinda like when some members never applied for SISIP due to their VAC being too much and it would just offset to zero. It's always worth giving it a shot, you never know the benefits of applying at any date. Rex is probably the best source for this info, I believe he brought it up previous...the guy is our own personal library of solid information. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next