Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing Empty Re: 15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 09:50

Sparrow, good work, that info should give WOV a better understanding of her situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:32

WoV, I contacted Peter Driscoll in reference to the issue of widows whereby Peter advised ~
" I am not insensitive to this but the processing of the estate claims is being done in compliance with the Order and the oversight of the Court. The process was slowed as a result of ensuring the spouse at time of death, as defined by the Sisip policy, is properly paid. This will require executed declarations.    Our duty, and the concern of the Court, is that the correct person is paid. So although I completely understand the frustration, it doesn't change the job we are required to do. Someone being upset about it won't change the process we need to follow, as directed by the Order and the Court."
I hope this gives some clarity WoV and dispels any fears of yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:25

Zero Sum......what is the name of the media you are talking about?
It's time to go public and reveal some names.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 19:21

Bigrex, I agree fully. Hopefully MC will now take up her cause (better late than never) and get this fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 17 Oct 2013, 18:41

SISIP may have been in charge of the payment process, but for 32+ million dollars, I think that our lawyers could have at least attempted to ensure that subgroups, such as widows, were not going to be discriminated against during that process. As someone who has been identified as a member of the class for several years, by both MC and SISIP, there is no logical reason that WoV and other widows that have come forward to wait a single moment longer than the court ordered time limit, especially in a process that was touted as completely random and unbiased.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 18:28

Widow of Veteran, I hear what your saying. However you must take this into account, MC could not give you any information in May for the following reason, Manulife was in total control of how the payments were processed, MC could not interfere in their method of distribution, they were clear about this from the start. I truly believe that now that the deadline has passed, MC will ensure that you are looked after, as they now can step in to demand answers from Manulife with respect to your claim. I understand your frustration, but you must now give MC a chance to follow up on your request. One thing I would suggest to you going forward, is to keep on the back of MC about your request, if you have to do it on a daily basis, so be it. Widow of Veteran I just want you to get your retro as fast as possible, I can relate to your frustration, I want all CSAT members to be completed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 17:51

Trooper......I also ask MC in May to look into what SISIP was telling me, that all Surviving Spouses were to be paid last. MC denied it all along that widows were to be paid last and now this. I don't believe they did look into it then.
If I don't hear anything by tomorrow afternoon......i'm going higher than them and see what I find out. I had a talk on the phone with Peter about this about 3 months ago and I didn't find him very friendly and didn't get any answers from him. By him, Judge Barnes never specified that widows had to be part of the random in any order. That was his exact words.
I do not trust MC either.
At 1pm. tomorrow is my deadline then I go to the higher people.
It's not only about me but i'll bring up others that are suddenly being ask for paperwork at the last minute. Then some have been told that SISIP as lost there papers or misplace. They also haven't been able to get answers from MC.

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 16:17

Widow of Veteran has asked MC to inquirer about her claim. MC has responded by saying that they are working on it. So let's see how long it takes them to provide her with answers, and results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 13:27

The question is.........MC can , but will they, ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:17

Navrat, MC's time to step in is now, not during the six Month pay process by SISIP. MC's hands were pretty much tied during the six Month timeline. They had to leave it up to SISIP to comply with the court order with respect to the six Month pay period. Now that the deadline has past, MC can now address any concerns that members may have, with respect to their claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 11:56

I'd be on the phone with the media...naming names. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Oct 2013, 07:53

Sorry to hear WOV , don't know what to say, for me I am glad this is almost over, I think it's totally unfair that sisip has 6 months from the date they get your requested information to process your retro. But sisip is just following the court order, it really falls into MC lap for not providing this very important information, aren't they supposed to be representing us, as our legal experts, really no excuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 23:31

Good idea birdy...but you know how VAC can be in regards to paperwork. They may require a release form signed to allow SISIP to have any documentation. Anyone who has outstanding info required from VAC, ENSURE they have an updated address and phone number...as they may have been trying to contact you and were unable to...therefore creating a delay. Food for thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 18:39

WoV, ask sisip what they require from Dva specifically and go down to the Ottawa office and request copies of the docs (while you wait for them not mailed) and then fax to sisip. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 18:10

That's good Widow of Veteran, and you are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum