Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing - Page 2 Empty Re: 15 of Oct,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 18:06

Hi Trooper

I have already sent an e-mail about this to MC stating everything you have mentioned. I did this with e-mail so I have proof of what there reply will be.
I will contact DVA tomorrow morning and ask questions.

Thank you kindly for your help

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 18:01

Ok Widow of Veteran thanks, that's what I thought. So here's the problem, if SISIP would have told you when you made your inquiries in the past, that they were awaiting info from DVA, you could have contacted DVA, and see for yourself what the problem was, and deal with it then, this could have put you in for this batch.
What will happened if the info requested by SISIP does not land in their hands for god knows how long, what then ? Now that Oct 15th has come and gone, MC can now work for you in this regards. This is what I would do if I was in your situation. 1. I would make and attempt to contact DVA to find out what SISIP is requesting, and I would ask them, what is the delay. 2. I would contact MC, and tell them that you would like them to investigate, what info SISIP is requesting, and when do they expect to receive it. I would also state that you were not told until today that they were awaiting info from DVA, and was told all along that your claim was in order. I just think that this will, at least put the wheels in motion, to insure that it gets done, sooner rather than later. Not trying to scare you, just want to make sure that you are aware of exactly what is happening with your claim, and that you get paid ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:35

Will's ......this is the number that I reached SISIP at this morning, on the first try......1-855-370-0025.

I wish everybody the best of luck. I was also told that there is another batch at the end of this month.

I should of known, not to believe until it's in my hands.
I was so sure since the final date was the 15th. and I had not been ask for any information at all. It was like I was hit across the head. I had finally been able to put a smile on my daughters face that from now on, our life would be full of sunshine. Now it's her consoling me and telling me that all will be fine.  
I will be strong for her but it's not easy trying to climb a hill from a depression and be brought back down.

Trooper........yes, I did say that I had consulted SISIP, every month to ask if my papers were in order and every time was told that all was in order and nothing else was needed.

Thank you to all for your support

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 17:26

Widow of Veteran, I am sorry to hear that news. One thing that bothers me, did you not say in the past that you contacted SISP to inquirer that your claim was in order, and was told that yes it was ? If so, them telling you today that they are still waiting for VAC to forward info with respect to your claim, would mean that your claim is not in order. So could you confirm that you did indeed contact SISIP in the past, and was told that your claim was in order ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 16:19

WOV. I feel your pain. I am also still sitting here waiting but when I call MC or SISIP I just get voice mails today. Thank God these people are not doctors as their bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:52

So much for the inter-departmental sharing of information. The only info that VAC would have had to provide is how much your husband had received for his PA pension before his death and possibly the survivor amounts. There is absolutely no excuse for this type of readily available info to delay the payment.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:23

Oh WOV... I am so upset... I just can't wrap my head around this whole process... This is just so, so cruel. The waiting, the being kept in the dark, the hoping that the end is just around the corner... This morning when Sapper first logged on and we were reading the updates, I was spitting tacks. Now, I, for once, am speechless.
WIFE OF SAPPER

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:41

I am so upset and if someone can help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it.......I just need to know what or who I can contact to make things right.
Just talk to SISIP and wanted to find out how many claims had gone to MC and was told that they can not reveal at this point and only MC has that privilege. I ask questions about myself and was told that VAC as not sent them the info they were requesting, on my file and that my claim is not process in this batch. It sounds like other Surviving Spouses and family may have this same problem. I was also told that there is another batch at the end of this month.
I was so expecting to receive in this batch. My heart sank deeper when I heard his words. I was never ask for any info and if I wouldn't of called them, I wouldn't know anything. SISIP couldn't supply me with any other info at all on what VAC is waiting for.

Widow of Veteran

Last edited by Widow of Veteran on Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:30; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:32

I am truly sorry for those waiting for the end. I hope they move quickly, beating the 6 month barrier to get them paid. And to think K. Hunter signer..."best regards" at the end of her e-mail. Perhaps she could have said;" really, truly sorry for the mental anguish caused by the delay". And lets also remember the income the lawfirm was to get for the "big win" was not including the interest we accrued over the past umpteen years. They will probably walk away with over 50 million from us. This also seems to breach the court order for the time delay and the intent of lawyers to act in good faith on our behalf. Just sick about it. Sorry.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by PGV Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:07

So I just got off the phone with SISIP and here is what they told me.

"Because you were asked for information after the August cut off date. We now have six months as per the court order. We have only 200 files remaining. We got more done then we expected this month and were able to start on the files that had information requested."

They asked for a tax assement for 2005, they had all the other ones 1995-2004, none of which I gave them. I got them the file and they have had it since Sept. 16th. They have this on their system.

This was my calm response,"I am not ging to yell and scream and say what I am thinking because it is not your decision to fuck us around but that means that if you only have 200 hundred files to go and you are able to put out more that 1800 in a month that we should have our's done by Friday!" How I managed not to lose it I have no idea but when you continue to torture unstable veterans with skill sets you never want to be on the wrong side of, something is gonna give somewhere. Stay strong brothers and sisters and hope they do the right thing.
PGV
PGV
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:11

Just heard from a Vet on LNVB that received an e-mail this morning from Kristine Hunter that his claim was not in the October 15th. batch. She tells him that at some point they ask for paperwork and they were waiting for it.
Now it is said that they have six months after they ask for more info to pay you.
This could be dragging for another while now. Why didn't they advise him before reaching the end?

Widow of Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 07:25

For the brave few remaining, I truly hope tomorrow is your lucky day, for the rest that are, as far as I am concerned, really given a piss poor answer as to why your delayed, it's time for some answers, and remember , legally at this point they have to give you one

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 07:19

Got to be a huge ball busting shite of a day as usual damn I feel for those still waiting for even a word or hint something JHC these people gotta have a heart somewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 07:17

Since Sisip had until the 15 of Oct , at 0001 , to comply with the court, which they have, according to my sisip source. They also told me if you have a claim or are on ltd , since the court order expired , you have every right to request information on your file, including if your file has been completed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 00:03

Really...it seems more like a test of endurance. You'd figure after the same tolerance busting methods being used every month...we might get cut a break, but I guess in their eyes, why let some off the hook at this point. Well...we know they have the files, why not throw some numbers up to satisfy the remainder...why is it that there has to be a blackout and a delay? Someone else should contact SISIP...actually, many people should contact SISIP to know for certain that the files were sent from SISIP in Halifax, to MC in Halifax yesterday...without them disappearing for the usual 3 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum