Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A Empty Re: IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 18 Mar 2014, 11:48

Oh sorry Sparrow. Just soldier through it is all you can do. And remember this will never happen to you again. But it still hurts. Hope the CRA can help with the T1198, in your favour.
Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A Empty Re: IMPORTANT INFO ON MANULIFE AMENDED T5 AND T4A

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 17:51

Thats good then firebird. I was advised today my tax bill is 14+K where I calculated 8-9K but that was before the amended tax slips received T5 and T4A.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 17 Mar 2014, 14:54

My retro was two years and everything was accepted with the Studio Tax program , which is free , and I sent it to the CRA through Netfile. I will send a paper copy as well with my legal fees receipt and the T1198. Thanks.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:44

I was advised that due to the complexities of the tax returns that a paper filing is required. Firebird if you are able to, send a paper copy to CRA to cover your bases and as you indicated previously you received your T1198 and should include that with the paper version. Glad you are getting a refund though maybe with the T1198 you may get even more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:49

I believe if you want to use the form 1198 you have to paper file?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Mon 17 Mar 2014, 09:39

I filed my income tax electronically last night through netfile with Studio Tax and there was no T1198 form available , hopefully , my return is accepted as is as I am receiving a refund. If not and I have to pay , hopefully CRA has a copy of my T1198 sent to them by Manulife.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 14 Mar 2014, 19:41

I received my T1198 today.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 19:38

And please keep in mind that Manulife will forward copies of those amended slips to CRA as they have for the other slips so in the end they will all match up. An inconvenience but it will come out in the wash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 17:31

Ok Sparrow, thanks, I got it now.

I was just trying to figure out if was Isolated to just some individuals who received the extra 4 Months.

Mine was included in the original slips, so I guess there are some who received the extra 4 Months, will receive and amended T4a, and T5.
Don't know how wide spread it is for those of us that did receive the extra 4 Months, but in any event, all Individuals should check their slips against the calculation sheet anyway, before they venture off to complete their taxes, regardless if they received the extra 4 Months or not.

So as it stands today, it looks like these amended slips are Isolated to some of the members that received the extra 4 Months.
No reports of any other problems outside of that to date, with reference to the amounts received on our slips.

It looks like some errors were made to some members who received the extra 4 Months, and amended slips are being sent out to correct this error.

Thanks for pointing that out Sparrow, as it is a valuable heads up, and can definitely help those who find themselves in that very same situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 16:51

Trooper I received an amended T4A and amended T5 and the Manulife memo attached to the amended slips stated that they are to replace the ones previously sent with the exception of one T4A. The T4A to be replaced is the tax slip with Box 28 figures on them. I went to the accountant with said slips and asked to get back the original slips so as not to confuse CRA with so many slips and potentially have them think it is in addition to the ones already submitted but she said she had to keep them all together with the voided T4A and T5 and send them all together - amended and originals tax slips. Further to that, she said she contacted CRA helpdesk and with the complexity of the tax return it can not be e-filed but must be mailed. She agreed that anyone who has already filed their taxes and then received the amended slips should contact the accountant to make a change or if they filed themselves to contact CRA asap and advise of amended slips. In terms of the amounts Trooper, Sisip advised it was for the 4 months we received in 2013 owed from 2012 and the amounts are clearly higher than the original T4A and T5 so obviously I will owe more taxes. Hope I haven't confused everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 15:41

Sparrow, just so I understand it correctly, when you say amended T4A / T5 do these amended slips also include the amounts from your previous slips received ?

Or are these amended slips, slips over and above the ones you received previously ?

In other words , do you now have 3 T4A's and 2 T5's to complete your return, with respect to your retro ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 14:23

Hey , guy at my legion got an amended form and there's an 11000 dollar difference so he's thinking at 45 percent tax bracket he might owe another 4500 dollars or so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:37

Thanks Sparrow, and Teen is correct a rear view mirror image of sisip will be gladly welcomed

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:18

Thanks Sparrow. I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait for this whole SISIP thing in our rear view mirror and getting smaller.

We have some work to do for our Afghan vets to improve that crappy NVC pay system...broke at 65 and the politico's don't get it?

Let's not forget the Rock the Hill on June 4. To see the poster go to the Latest News bulletinboard
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:14

Sorry Teen I was not advised on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next