Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP retro for a widow

2 posters

Go down

SISIP retro for a widow Empty Re: SISIP retro for a widow

Post by prawnstar Wed 23 Apr 2014, 13:24

OK got it thanks for the info.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 23 Apr 2014, 13:05

OK, got it now.
Yes, you have to give them proof of CCPD and the original letter stating the start date. I had to phone for it.
For the taxes, I also phoned and had the assessments resent out. Its all free, but takes time. When approved, she will be back dated.
Sorry, but you have to get them your tax tax returns and original letter from CCPD. We all had to do it.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:58

thanks for the reply Peep. Maybe I worded it wrong. He did receive SISIP Ltd and CPP disability which SISIP clawed back before he passed away. After the lawsuit against SISIP she was supposed to get a settlement but they want all this info from her before they settle. Did everyone who got the settlement have to submit all this documentation?

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:40

When approved, she will receive sisip payments from the date of his Military release minus the amounts he made working or receiving CPPD.
Basically when he is approved, the amount is set and only deductions from each months check will be the monies he received working and from CPPD. Normally you receive 75% of your military wage till you start Canada Pension at 67. But I do not know your case, or how long he was in the military.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

SISIP retro for a widow Empty SISIP retro for a widow

Post by prawnstar Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:32

I posted this in the proper space but I think it is buried and no one has responded. A friend of mine is a widow who is entitled to the SISIP retro. Her husband passed in 2005. SISIP wants his tax returns from 99-05 and if he was in receipt of CPP Disability benefits, and the Notice of Entitlement from Svc Canada to indicate the start date and the amount of benefit received. She thinks he had received CPP but is not sure. She has asked for and not yet received anything from CPP and was told to wait 8-10 weeks. I am not sure if the mentioned deadlines will negate her retro. Any help would be appreciated.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down